Build the solution that transforms the real estate industry! Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Yearning for a startup culture within a profitable nationwide company? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the wild. About Us
Doma and its family of brands - States Title, North American Title Company (NATC) and North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) - offer solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly more simple and efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction. Our Values
We're Growing Our Underwriting & Risk Team
- Customer Obsessed - We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven - We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders - We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team - We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect - We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
We're looking for someone who is thrilled by the prospect of develop ing machine learning products that will have a transformative impact on the real estate industry. This is a unique opportunity to work on some of the core machine learning products in a company that is built around machine intelligence. On our team, you will serve as a go-to person for questions relating to risk and forecasting.
Our underwriting & risk team works on a variety of exciting problems , including States Title's patented instant underwriting model , on which the company was founded . Our team is always evaluating new products and projects , so there is never a dull moment! Y our work will have a direct and highly visible business impact throughout the company. You'll a lso regularly interact with external stakeholders as well as the greater data team, which includes experts in Natural Language Proces sing, Computer Vision, and production ML deployment. What we're looking for in a candidate:
What you'll be working on:
- You will develop machine learning models, writ e production code, and monitor models via dashboards and analytics
- You will serve as a go-to expert in risk & forecast ing for our team and the company . This includes reducing model losses, improving the fidelity of our projected losses, fighting fraud, and identifying new risks in our domain
- You will deliver new data science products, from their inception through to their deployment as machine learning models
- You'll think strategically to identify new areas where our team can have a measurable impact
Your q ualifications :
- 5 + years of relevant experience in data science
- E xperience in the domains of risk, credit, insurance, and/or financial forecasting is required
- Experience writing code and building models with proficiency in Python, SQL, git , etc.
- Enthusiasm about taking ownership of complex projects, including managing the requests coming from multiple stakeholders throughout the company
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to people throughout the company, including business partners in product and senior leadership.
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life. We believe the most valuable investment we can make - and the greatest boost we can give to your career - is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and will continually evolve them with the goal of efficiently attracting, retaining, and leveraging the very highest quality talent.
We believe in Equal Opportunity
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- We are proud of the team we have built so far, and we are excited about the team we have yet to add
- Learn something new every day
- Get more done than you would anywhere else
- Competitive salaries
- Top-of-the-line computer equipment
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits options to allow you to customize to your and your Family's needs
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Flexible Spending Account (i.e. Transit or Parking)
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Auto & Home Insurance Group Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.