Senior Consultant, Healthcare
Senior Consultant, Healthcare & Life Sciences
100 First Street, Suite 355
San Francisco, California, 94105
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is hiring a Senior Consultant to work with clients as a member of our Healthcare and Life Sciences Practice out of our San Francisco office. Our team assists payers, providers, and pharmaceutical companies in uncovering opportunities, developing clear roadmaps, and working toward improved outcomes. We depend on our highly skilled consultants to drive growth – in our clients’ companies and in their own careers.
- Work directly with clients to implement processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
- Work closely with the business owners to create new business processes
- Facilitate client workshops focused on future state of the Healthcare Industry, design future state business process and requirements
- Support detailed requirements gathering
- Lead package evaluations against industry leading practices in the Healthcare Industry
- Interface with all levels of management both internally and at client sites
- Develop client-ready communications to facilitate decision making, communicate status, mitigate risk or resolve issues
- Participate in the creation of project related deliverables such as project plans, implementation plans, communication plans, and financial models
- Work closely with engagement management to reduce project risk
- Work closely with members of WMP as well as our clients to quickly establish highly functioning joint project teams
- Participate in the business development process by assisting in the development of project approaches and proposals
- Participate in the practice development process by assisting in the development of tools, methodologies and techniques used by WMP in on client assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience required
- 4+ years of experience in a team based consulting environment and working directly with external clients demonstrating an understanding of the operations on the healthcare industry is preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in one of the following processes specific to organizational transformation, process improvement, product development, managing teams and work streams, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, display excellent judgment, and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to hand multiple priorities
- Ability to develop a sense of urgency and respond appropriately
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment on large initiatives
- Strong communication skills to be able to work with clients and present to C-level executives
- Good presentation skills and business development skills; able to assist in selling work to clients
- Experience in developing work plans, project scopes, pricing estimates
- Strong project management and leadership skills to manage and drive concurrent small to large projects for one team
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communications skills as well as customer relations
- The ability to travel up to 70% annually
- A commitment to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.