Senior Administrative Assistant - Global Business Development Team
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Matthews Asia
- 17 Feb 19
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated professional with a strong sense of urgency, care factor, and a consistently strong attention to detail with a desire to join a firm with a terrific culture.
TITLE: Senior Administrative Assistant, Global Business Development Team
LOCATION: San Francisco, California
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Administration
THE COMPANY: Matthews International Capital Management, LLC (“Matthews Asia”)
Matthews Asia is an independent, privately owned investment manager headquartered in San Francisco with subsidiary offices in London, Singapore and Hong Kong. Founded in 1991, Matthews Asia specializes in investing in Asia’s equity and fixed income markets for institutions, intermediaries and retail investors worldwide. For over 25 years our bottom-up, active investment approach has focused on identifying the most attractive long-term growth opportunities in Asia’s diverse markets. Our portfolios typically feature low turnover rates and high active share, with holdings that differ significantly from their benchmarks. Our long-term perspective and culture of independent thinking facilitate our delivery of a consistent and distinctive value proposition to our clients and partners.
Additional information on Matthews International Capital Management, LLC and Matthews Asia can be found at www.matthewsasia.com.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Administrative Assistant to support our Global Business Development team with polished professional excellence.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated professional with a strong sense of urgency, care factor, and a consistent solid attention to detail. You have experience working in a financial services company and understand the importance of a positive, professional presence and communication. You have prepared complex international travel and perform a holistic approach to make sure you have included all that is needed for a successful business trip. You have a proven system of organization and can manage multiple calendars and time zones. You bring a desire to learn the business as well as support a business development team in a fast-paced firm. And finally, you want to be a part of a highly collaborative and collegial group of professionals.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Provide direct and pro-active administrative support to members of the Global Business Development team in San Francisco
- Proactively manage multiple calendars
- Coordinate frequent, complex international travel
- Prepare presentation books for clients and prospects
- Compile extensive and frequent expense reports
- Responsible for maintaining current Salesforce client records
- Maintain efficient filing and organization of correspondence, reports, research data and meeting materials
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Bachelors degree, preferred
- Minimum 3 years of administrative experience supporting senior-level managers or executives
- Financial services, specifically asset management experience, preferred
- Must be a U.S citizen or authorized to work in the U.S on a permanent basis
- No relocation is offered for this position
- Advanced MS Office Suite and strong Adobe Acrobat skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and solid interpersonal skills are a must
- Meticulous attention to detail is a must
- Experience communicating with clients outside the United States by phone and email
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Able to anticipate needs and act upon requests independently
- Resourceful, proactive team player
- Strong aptitude, high energy and interest in learning
- Self-starter, independent worker
- Experience with Salesforce, Concur, and WebEx a plus
- Maintaining confidential information is a must
HOURS: 8:00am – 5:00pm*
*There is an occasional need, with sufficient notice, to shift the schedule to an earlier start time or later end time to best support the needs of the Business Development team. This is a non-exempt position with minimal overtime required.
We understand the importance of going into a great place to work everyday and culture is incredibly important to everyone at Matthews Asia. We take pride in the positive and respectful dynamics throughout the firm. Before an offer is made, you will meet with members of our active Culture Committee to allow you to have a more casual meeting to ask questions about the company to make sure that it is the best fit for long term success and enjoyment for all.
It is important that all employees embody our core values of integrity, internal/external client focus, initiative and teamwork.
Matthews International Capital Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, political activity or affiliation, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition as defined under applicable law, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or ordinances.