A large Fintech client is looking for a detail-oriented, hard-working and resilient Sanctions Controls team member to join the team!
This individual will work alongside the Global Sanctions group and other Compliance team members in a highly collaborative and hands-on manner. The team cover various business lines across the USA, Canada and Latin America also and this position reports in to the Global Lead of Sanctions Controls, with a lot of engagement with other AML/Compliance team members based in the USA. Responsibilities:
- To support the implementation of sanctions laws and regulations, through sanctions scanning and control of various business scenarios and nodes, confirming the scope of the list and scanning strategies, preventing and intercepting sanctions, and maintaining the red line of sanctions.
- Constantly updating and maintaining the sanctions list, and at the same time be familiar with the content of the list, and confirm the scope of the list and scan content according to the scanning needs.
- Continuously optimize the scanning logic and scanning rules and strategies, and through monitoring, discover system and process optimization points to ensure the normal progress of sanctions scanning.
- Working with technology team, where needed to implement the online and maintenance of sanctions scanning, and at the same time upgrade the system scanning functions and capabilities to improve scanning quality and efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree or above.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in anti-money laundering and sanctions in a financial institution, plus familiarity with OFAC and other sanction-related laws and regulations.
- Experience in sanctions list scanning, be familiar with sanctions list management and scanning control work and have a good risk awareness.
- Experience with SQL and other data capabilities, the ability to analyze data related to sanctions scanning and technical implementation is preferred.
- Mandarin speaking and reading skills are highly preferred, plus this person should be located in the San Francisco area
If this opportunity interests you, please get in touch to explore further!