Sales Support Analyst
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Dec 18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Within the Client Businesses Group, we pride ourselves on creating, communicating, and delivering investment solutions for clients worldwide. To that end, we have teams of professionals with expertise in the many functions that combine make this effort successful and sustainable, including relationship management, marketing, sales, client service, and product development and management.
We serve institutional and retail clients in more than 60 countries, including pension funds, foundations, endowments, official institutions, insurance companies, sub-advisory relationships, high net worth individuals, family offices, and private banks. Further, we work to cultivate relationships with key distributors of our investment products, such as broker-dealers, banks, registered investment advisers, financial planners, insurance companies, and building societies.
Alternative Investments, Cash Management, Financial Institutions, Global Consultant Relations, International, Institutional Product & Investment Communications, Private Client, Real Estate, Capital Markets, Pensions/Tax-Exempt, and Wealth Management are some of the key global product units, client business units, and global cross-channel teams that together form BlackRock’s premier Global Client Group.
The U.S. Wealth Advisory team is responsible for distribution, marketing and product management for BlackRock’s U.S. registered products, including alternative investments, open-end funds, closed-end funds, managed accounts and ETF’s.
As a Sales Support Analyst, be effective at representing BLK market views, handling questions, servicing client requests, and driving sales in a wide range of BLK products, across all channels and asset classes.
- Handle all inbound calls from Wire houses, Independent and other financial firms, functioning as a liaison between the Financial Advisors (FAs) and respective regional sales personnel both internal and external.
- Play an instrumental role in coordinated territory coverage with regional sales personnel, accomplished through regularly communicating with regional sales personnel to discuss territory-related matters involving products, special marketing efforts and problem resolution/updates.
- Proactively reach out to targeted advisors to drive sales in BlackRock products during specific campaigns
- Following-up with FAs and regional sales personnel on problem resolution/updates.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of BlackRock products, marketing sales strategies, systems and applications to fully support/service the FAs with all inquiries.
- Prepare sales/marketing proposals for FAs and/or Sales personnel.
- Research and resolve all Separately Managed Account administrative/operational issues: Fee Calculations/Issues, Billing Inquires, PC Issues and any other Account Issues.
- Ability to multitask and work under tight time constraints.
- BA/BS required, emphasis on finance or economics preferred.
- High sales acumen and the desire/ability to generate sales opportunities. Must be confident, persuasive and credible over the phone and in person.
- Ability to understand investment products and services, as well as general investment and securities concepts.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to communicate complex information to a wide variety of personnel in a clear, concise and well-organized manner. Excellent telephone skills required to maintain relationships with FAs, approach new prospects, follow up on previous sales efforts, and enhance BlackRock’s image.
- Professional level of written and verbal communication skills required to prepare and present sales plans and materials, provide technical information regarding products and services, and develop sales presentations.
- Analytical skills necessary to analyze and interpret complex investment product information and determine appropriate response to meet the needs of Financial Advisors. Capable of applying information about the economy, competitor products and services and other financial information to influence the sales of BlackRock Funds.
- Strong familiarity with computer applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Interest in financial services and interest in obtaining Series 7 and 66 required
- Proficiency in Spanish a strong plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.