Sales Support - Family Office, Analyst
Description About this role
BlackRock serves clients in more than 60 countries, including pension funds, foundations, endowments, official institutions, insurance companies, sub-advisory relationships, high net worth individuals, family offices, and private banks. Within the Institutional Client Business, we pride ourselves on crafting, communicating, and delivering investment solutions for clients worldwide. To that end, we have teams of professionals with expertise in the many functions that combined make this effort successful, including relationship management, marketing, sales, client service, and product development and management. Job Description:
The responsibilities of an Analyst in the US and Canada Institutional Client Business include:
- Participate as a key member of dedicated client teams serving primarily Family Offices.
- Support Relationship Managers with all ongoing sales, service, and communication with clients and prospects.
- Assist the development of sophisticated solutions for clients, from advisory solutions to comprehensive outsourced mandates.
- Handle projects around the development of our solutions business, including marketing and prospecting efforts, thought leadership, and events.
- Proactively maintain and develop a prospecting effort targeted to family offices and principals for solutions-based engagements.
- Develop asset class proficiency across BlackRock's product range - including fixed income, equity, hedge funds, real assets, private equity, and private credit.
- Cultivate positive relationships with clients, becoming the "go-to" person for account specific information, which can include security level (bonds, stocks, derivatives) information, portfolio investment performance, investment guideline compliance, clarifications and modification, cash inflows and redemptions.
- Collaborate with portfolio managers, investment product specialists, compliance officers, consultant relations staff, operations, and portfolio administration personnel to organize client meetings and coordinate presentation material content.
- Use BlackRock's proprietary systems to assemble security, capital market, and economic data to create a range of presentation materials including portfolio review books, board presentations, and marketing materials.
- Gather critical data to quickly respond orally and in writing to client information requests.
- Write and publish client meeting summary notes posted to firm wide client relationship management systems.
- Assist with new client on-boarding- supporting clients through the process of opening new accounts with BlackRock.
- 0-3 years' experience with institutional or family office/ultra-HNW investors. Foundations of strong industry and investment knowledge OR consistent track record to learn new concepts quickly.
- While BlackRock's remote working policy is ongoing, eventually this will be based in the SF BlackRock office at 400 Howard St, San Francisco.
- Beginning knowledge across a wide range of traditional and alternative Investment products.
- BA/BS degree in related field (Economics, Finance, or Accounting).
- Progress towards a CFA designation is strongly desired.
- Has, or is willing to obtain, the series 7, 63, and 3 licenses.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/traits:
- A dedication to BlackRock's fiduciary culture; able to approach client interactions in a consultative manner.
- Self-managed, highly driven by relationship management and revenue generation.
- Dedication to client service, high responsiveness.
- Analytical interest and acuity - passion for portfolio building and market proficiency.
- Confirmed intellectual ability and social skills. Able to establish credibility with and influence the institutional investor community.
- Highly effective in forging working relationships with team members and business counterparts.
- Passionate about inclusion and accepts diversity of thought; seeks out diverse viewpoints to tackle sophisticated problems.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong professional and personal integrity.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.