Research Associate – Specialty Finance and Financial Technology
Jefferies is seeking an equity research associate / senior associate to support the Financial Institutions Group covering Specialty Finance and Financial Technology in our San Francisco office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting proprietary research evaluating the competitive landscape, analyzing industry news and company filings, attending conferences, and speaking with key opinion leaders
- Building and maintaining financial models and industry oriented databases
- Writing research reports for initiations of coverage, analysis of data, and industry/company news
- Conceiving and executing on differentiated project ideas
- Interfacing with company management teams, internal sales and trading personnel, and institutional investors
- 2-5 years' experience in equity research, investment banking, or similar buy or sell side exposure; experience in FIG strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in written/verbal communication, and in building financial models utilizing excel
- Motivated, hard-working, team player