Job Description: Job Title:
Real Estate Transactions Associate Location:
San Francisco, CA Business Description
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with EUR 793bn of assets under management (as of December 2020). Building on more than 60 years of experience and a reputation for excellence in Germany and across Europe, DWS has come to be recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management - as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus - complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our strategic investment approach.
DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with staff from 35 nationalities, speaking more than 75 languages rooted in 22 countries, we are local while being one global team. Overview
Work directly with the San Francisco based transaction team to analyze new opportunities, perform due diligence, facilitate preparation of Investment Committee memorandums, and assist with closing transactions. Analysis includes underwriting possible acquisitions of office, industrial, retail, and multi-family properties and portfolios in a variety of markets throughout the West Coast. Mandatory software skills include thorough working knowledge of ARGUS, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Necessary skills sets include high level analytics, problem solving, business writing, and the ability to work with multiple teams across the company's platform. What We Offer You:
Your Key Responsibilities:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
Your Skills and Experience:
- Evaluate prospective acquisition opportunities using both ARGUS and Excel
- Assist with market analysis by aggregating sale and lease comparables
- Conduct due diligence on all pending acquisitions including review of leases, physical reports, survey, legal and title
- Prepare Investment Committee memorandums
- Maintain internal database of historical and pending transactions
- Other special projects as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree (pre-MBA)
- Previous relevant work experience in the investment industry (Real Estate is preferred)
- ARGUS, Excel, and Microsoft Office proficient
- Resourceful team player with the ability to work independently
- Exceptional work ethic and ability to perform well under pressure, and multitask
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision .