Ratings Analyst-U.S. Corporate Ratings The Role:
We are currently looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our Corporate Ratings group as a Ratings Analyst
based in our San Francisco office
. Summary of Responsibilities:
The Ratings Analyst will support a team of senior credit analysts responsible for credit ratings of corporate entities within the technology sector.
The individual will provide broad support for all credit related matters for the industry team. This includes database maintenance, extracting financial and economic data from source materials and inputting into group applications, and basic financial modeling. You will support the team on routine surveillance and publishing activities, conduct industry research, and assist with ad hoc project.
The successful candidate will be comfortable in an environment of continuous improvement and high customer service standards while adhering to established ratings criteria, policies and procedures. Your Skills:
The Career Opportunity:
- Bachelor's degree (business/quantitative discipline preferred)
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statement analysis and accounting concepts.
- Ability to quickly absorb, analyze, and act upon information, while demonstrating strong proficiency with figures, accuracy and be detail-oriented while complying with deadlines.
- Strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills.
- Solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand, learn, and make a contribution. English communication skills should be strong - both verbal and written.
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask, meet deadlines and work under time pressure.
- Strong team player - the ability to work in a deal-driven, collaborative work environment is critical.
- Must have ability to think independently and critically.
- Successful candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S indefinitely. Sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
As a Ratings Analyst, you are working as part of a sector team in the Corporate Ratings group in Standard & Poor's. With the guidance of senior analysts, a qualified Ratings Analyst typically supports the sector team on its ongoing surveillance of a portfolio of rated corporate issuers and performs basic fundamental credit analysis, forecasting, and industry analysis. A high performing Ratings Analyst is likely to be considered for providing support on more complex issuers and transactions, as well as providing input to financial models and written analysis used for committee reviews and external publications. We prepare our most successful Ratings Analyst to become primary analysts in sector teams. The Impact:
The Team / The Business:
- At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in our reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
- S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk.
- By supporting capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people to start and grow businesses, cities and states to build highways and hospitals, and manufacturers to build factories and create jobs.
- With offices in 26 countries, rating $47.5 trillion in debt, and with nearly 1,400 credit analysts, S&P Global Ratings is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors and financers the information they need to more easily, quickly and efficiently provide capital to businesses and governments.
When you join S&P Global Ratings and the Corporate Ratings group, you join one of the world's leading providers of independent credit risk research and benchmarks in corporate finance. You are part of a team that produces high quality fundamental research based on established criteria in a fast pace environment.
S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide. S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
258690 Posted On:
San Francisco, California, United States