RIA Advisor Consultant - Western Region
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 17 Oct 18
RIA Advisor Consultant - Western Region
New York Life Investments (NYLIM), an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company, is a top 25 global asset management firm. With more than $500 billion in assets under management, NYLIM is a premier investment management firm serving a variety of client segments including retail, institutional, insurance and defined contribution and benefit on a global basis. New York Life Investments offers a diverse set of investment capabilities ranging from traditional equity and fixed income to alternative investment strategies and multi-asset solutions. Renowned for its premier investment acumen and client focus, NYLIM's vision is to be one of the most trusted providers of investment management expertise and long-term financial security.
The RVP, RIA & Private Bank Wholesaler will be responsible for providing dedicated coverage and expertise within his/her respective region (Western US) to drive greater penetration and asset flows for New York Life Investment Management's (NYLIM) multi-boutique asset managers and MainStay Investments within the RIA & Private Bank segment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Driving visibility, education, awareness and asset flow for NYLIM/MainStay suite of strategies within the Registered Investment Advisor and Private Bank community throughout the territory. This may include Wealth Managers, Asset Allocators, Wealth Management Platforms, and regional Bank Trusts.
- Prospect directly into sophisticated independent RIA's ($100 Million AUM+) and Private Banking teams that may or may not have had exposure or coverage from NYLIM/MainStay in the past but represent strong potential. This will also include the regional Bank Trust segment.
- Interfacing with key touch points within each respective RIA and Private Bank client firm to understand their business and model, and point out where and how NYLIM/MainStay's strategies may be actionable. Touch points include Chief Investment Officers (CIO's), CFA chartered "Gatekeepers", Due Diligence Analysts, as well as HNW Portfolio Managers on Private Banking teams.
- Identifying new and meaningful shelf space opportunities and reporting those opportunities to the leadership group and national accounts team so that the firm may act on them.
- Represent NYLIM/MainStay and the RIA/Private Bank Sales team on "Road Shows", as well as relevant industry conferences and events (Schwab Impact etc.).
- Continually messaging up on all matters related to activity, marketplace reception, and market intelligence.
- Continually stay up to date on NYLIM/MainStay's investment themes, strategies and outlook. Most notably, the firm's new manger affiliations and acquisitions.
- Delivering impactful information, industry knowledge, conceptual sales ideas and product applications
- Operating with a high level of professionalism and accountability, along with providing quality service and sales assistance, and consistent goal attainment.
- Frequent interface with sales team members and RIA/Private Bank team counterparts to share information, ideas, success stories, and market intelligence.
We are seeking a highly evolved and credentialed (MBA, CFA, CIMA) investment sales professional from the Long Only or Alternatives realm who identifies with being perceived as an Investment Professional as much as a Sales Professional. Additionally, we are looking for meaningful to significant exposure and experience working with top RIA's and Private Banking teams within the respective territory. Prospective profiles may include:
- An Institutional hybrid sales professional who is calling on multiple opportunity sets including Platforms, Financial Supermarkets (Schwab, Fidelity etc.), Private Banks, RIA's, and Family Offices, who may want to specialize within the RIA/Private Bank segment.
- A dedicated Private Bank sales professional who is intrigued with picking up coverage responsibility for sophisticated RIA's while also leveraging their existing Private Banking relationships.
- A dedicated RIA sales professional who is intrigued with picking up coverage responsibility for the Private Bank realm while also leveraging their existing RIA relationships.
- A professional from the RIA Custody and Asset Servicing side, who has strong relationships and connectivity, and who may want to return to their asset management roots and/or can demonstrate the ability to make the transition to the investment side.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.