RFP and Client Reporting Associate
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Matthews Asia
- 17 Feb 19
We are seeking an RFP and Client Reporting Associate to support the US and international expansion and diversification of our increasingly global client base. This individual will be part of a team that is the central link between the information and content produced by the
RFP and Client Reporting Associate
LOCATION & REPORTING:
This position is based in San Francisco CA and will report to the Director of RFP and Client Reporting.
THE COMPANY: Matthews International Capital Management, LLC (“Matthews Asia”) Matthews Asia is an independent, privately owned investment manager headquartered in San Francisco with subsidiary offices in London, Singapore and Hong Kong. Founded in 1991, Matthews Asia specializes in investing in Asia’s equity and fixed income markets for institutions, intermediaries and retail investors worldwide. For over 25 years our bottom-up, active investment approach has focused on identifying the most attractive long-term growth opportunities in Asia’s diverse markets. Our portfolios typically feature low turnover rates and high active share, with holdings that differ significantly from their benchmarks. Our long-term perspective and culture of independent thinking facilitate our delivery of a consistent and distinctive value proposition to our clients and partners. Additional information on Matthews International Capital Management, LLC and Matthews Asia can be found at www.matthewsasia.com.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are seeking an RFP and Client Reporting Associate to support the US and international expansion and diversification of our increasingly global client base. This individual will be part of a team that is the central link between the information and content produced by the firm’s marketing and data teams, and the presentation/communication of that information to the firm’s existing and prospective clients. The position will work closely with three other team members, and will be an integral part of the broader US and Global Distribution and Client Services teams.
- Complete high quality Requests for Proposals and Due Diligence Questionnaires
- Populate and maintain an internal RFP database (“PMAPS”)
- Work closely with investment team and distribution team members to meet monthly and quarterly reporting deadlines and complete various reports for institutional separate account and fund clients that include commentary writing, responses to client questions, performance and portfolio data compilation, and presentations
- Respond to client and prospective client requests, including monthly, quarterly and annual RFIs and similar questionnaires, and portfolio-related data sheets.
- Populate, maintain, and update both US and Global consultant databases as well as respond to periodic and ad hoc requests for data, information, and questionnaires from consultants
- Help to identify process improvements using in-house and 3rd party technologies that will create more efficient methods of gathering, sorting, distributing and accessing reports, language and data
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of asset management experience
- Understanding of the language of asset management, and skills in translating such language to address client questions/requests
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, and project management skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects, work within short time frames and meet deadlines
- Independent, flexible, with excellent planning, organization, and time management ability
- Proficient use of the Windows PC environment, including excellent skills with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of integrity, honesty, diligence and loyalty
- Long-term conviction for Asia, general understanding of Asian cultures, and intellectual curiosity about the region
- Drive and ambition for professional success
- Must be a U.S citizen or authorized to work in the U.S on a permanent basis.
Matthews International Capital Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, political activity or affiliation, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition as defined under applicable law, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or ordinances.