Quantitative Research Intern
Our Summer Internship program is a paid 10-week long program providing students to obtain real world, and impactful work experience. Through your internship with Moody's you'll gain valuable experience in a wide variety of business areas. You'll work on real and challenging projects, and most importantly, you'll learn what it means to be part of a business that is dedicated to analyzing credit and financial data for the global financial markets. The Role / Responsibilities:
As a Research Intern, you will have the opportunity to join our Quantitative Research team in New York or San Francisco which has a rich history of providing leading edge research and thought leadership in the credit risk arena. As a part of this team, you will assist Moody's Analytics to continue our innovation in credit risk research. Specific responsibilities include:
- Conducting sophisticated theoretical and empirical research on measurements of credit risk and fixed income valuation
- Coordinating with financial researchers and data analysts on research projects
- Providing research support to the firm's prototype implementation and software development activities
- Present research findings to technical and non-technical audiences
- Current student pursuing a Masters or PhD degree in quantitative fields including but not limited to Economics, Statistics, Math, Operations research, Computer Science, Electrical and computer engineering
- Experience with large data
- Experience in machine learning;
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and programming tools such as R, SAS, or Matlab;
- Experience in analyzing non-structured data, e.g., textural information
- Knowledge in economic and/or financial modelling is a plus;
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.