- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 18
Quantitative Financial Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
As a Quantitative Financial Analyst, you will analyse and assure the quality of financial statistics produced by our leading-edge credit risk measurement and asset liability management products. This is an opportunity to help develop the latest breed of financial applications based on world-class financial research.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Review financial analytics requirements and work with Research and Product Management to come out testing plan and testing strategy.
- Develop and maintain automation test suites, regression tests, and financial testing systems using C#.
- Develop analytics prototypes and benchmarks for testing.
- Create test cases, execute tests, analyse testing results and provide summary reports to the project team.
- Provide 2nd tier support on modelling questions to MA clients.
This role will be a part of the Research and Modelling Group, working closely with development team. Position is in San Francisco.
- Master's degree in a quantitative and software engineering field such as Financial Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other closely-related fields.
- Academic training or experience in Financial Risk Models, Fixed Income Analysis, Balance Sheet Management.
- Superb analytical skills and persistence in analytical and problem solving, quantitative approach to understanding problems in finance.
- Data processing experience with large financial databases (SQL Server, Oracle) and data files in csv, txt, and XML formats.
- Strong skills in R, MatLab, or other statistical packages.
- Strong programming experience (VBA, C#, Python).
- Industry experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure) is a plus.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks as well as a good team player
- Must be detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and well organized.
- Demonstrated creativity, flexibility, enthusiasm and willingness to learn and ensure ongoing self-development.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.