- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Location: San Francisco, CA, USAThe Product Analyst may perform a variety of different product analyst job functions, including use case/requirement preparation, collecting feedback from different stakeholders, prioritization. This position involves a blend of qualitative/quantitative skills to build a data focused product. This position is for you, if you are a quick learner, have a passion for data to identify trends, uncover patterns, solve problems and your favorite question is 'why'.
- Work closely with team members to design functionality based on business requirements
- Solicit and collect feedback from internal stakeholders and clients to help define the business requirements for new releases
- Prepare use cases and/or specific requirements based on the information collected from the stakeholders and clients
- Act as a liaison between the engineering, program management and research teams to facilitate understanding of the design requirements
- Ensure that new features are implemented according to specification and problems are corrected
- Assist in providing content and reviewing documentation for release or new features
- Manage data relationships and provide customer support/feedback to banks/clients/financial institutions/internal clients and feedback to external data vendors
- Perform quality control on data by analyzing patterns and data discrepancies and resolve related issues
- Perform data analysis using a variety of methods including statistics and relational databases
- Coordinate with other MA teams such as IT, Client Services, Product Management, Research, Engineering
The ERS Data Intelligence (DI) department creates value-added information, IP and content that are used by our clients to meet their business needs and to produce actionable data-driven intelligence. Our team consists of experts at acquiring and cleansing data, interpreting financial information, developing data-driven analytics and insights, applying insights and analytics to our customer's business needs, and developing data products. This is a fast-paced and growing team within the Moody's Analytics (MA) organization that provides excellent career opportunities.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Finance, Accounting, Operations, Engineering or a related field.
- Graduate degree and/or 1-2 years of work experience is a plus.
- Superb analytical skills, persistence in problem solving, and a bility to learn quickly and independently
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exposure or interest in financial services space
- Exposure or interest in product management
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Experience with product management tools (Jira, Trello, Slack) is a plus
- Familiarity with: equity and fixed-income markets with the ability to correctly read and interpret financial statements such as 10K and 10Q; US GAAP, IFRS, and other regional accounting principles ; foreign and domestic bankruptcy/insolvency
- Experience with SQL (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Exposure to statistical package (R, SAS, Matlab)
- Exposure to scripting languages (Python, Bash)
- Exposure to third-party BI Tools: Tableau, Qlik, Looker, R Shiny
- Exposure to ETL tools (SSIS, CloverETL, Talend, etc.)
- Exposure to data modeling and query optimization
- Exposure to machine learning
- Knowledge or interest in cloud computing
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.