Portfolio Manager Index Asset Allocation - Associate
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA San Francisco CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Portfolio Manager Index Asset Allocation - Associate
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock’s ETF Index Investment team develops and manages investment solutions involving multiple strategies and asset classes. The global team includes more than 145 portfolio managers, quantitative analysts, investment strategists, research analysts. We partner with clients to solve their investment and liability challenges by understanding their objectives, advising on solutions, and designing and implementing strategies that meet or exceed goals.
The team’s guiding principles are to:
- Serve as a trusted advisor by providing unbiased advice on portfolio issues and multi-asset solutions
- Deliver BlackRock’s global capabilities by leveraging the firm’s insights in a holistic and consistent manner.
- Employ a flexible framework using a dynamic approach to investment solutions that adapts to client needs.
- Take ownership of implementation and performance, by focusing on high-quality execution and delivering investment results.
BlackRock is seeking a Portfolio Manager who will contribute to the management of BlackRock’s US Index Asset Allocation strategies across multiple markets, countries and/or asset classes. The US Index Asset Allocation Portfolio Manager will handle all aspects of asset allocation portfolios including: model changes, rebalancing, client activity, and performance management. In addition to day-to-day portfolio management responsibilities for the Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution business, they will be expected to acquire new skills and apply them in order to improve fund performance, internal processes, product offerings, client relations, attribution, investment instruments and computing systems.
- Perform daily fund management tasks, including handling client contributions and redemptions, portfolio re-balancing, reviewing, approving and submitting trade lists, ensuring that portfolios track within performance expectations, and performance attribution.
- Apply market experience and knowledge of index construction to portfolio management and product development.
- Proactively contribute to overall systems/investment process enhancements.
- Support management and client-facing groups in reporting business metrics and ad-hoc requests.
- Partner with internal stakeholders in managing new fund launches and restructures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
- 1+ years within the financial services industry
- General knowledge of quantitative methods, portfolio construction, and asset allocation theory.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while producing a high quality work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, teamwork, and relationship-building skills.
- Curious and self-motivated. Attention to detail.
- Excel, Word, or Outlook experience
- SQL knowledge and any coding experience is a plus
- Flexible to work market hours
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.