About this role
Do you understand the demanding financial services environment and appreciate the importance of getting things right? Do you have a passion for the investment industry and a knack for programming? Are you a compliance professional who is looking for a rewarding, challenging, multi-faceted role with the world's largest asset manager? Look no further. BlackRock is currently seeking an Investment Guidelines Compliance team member to join us. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will accept your rare skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow professionally and as an individual.
We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college/university, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
Portfolio Compliance Group (“PCG”) is a global team within the Business Operations department at BlackRock. This team is responsible for implementing controls and processes to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory and portfolio guidelines. The team fulfills this mission primarily by extracting, analyzing, coding and monitoring client, regulatory and internal investment guidelines on the firm’s Aladdin system. Everyone is engaged with and provides services to many other departments and functions across the firm, including: portfolio management, trading, client services, technology, operations and legal.
The specific role will be primarily focused on the monitoring of Investment and Regulatory Guidelines activities for BlackRock's clients.
• Pre-trade violation investigation and investment restriction overrides
• Post-trade violation investigation, preemptive escalation and resolution
• Oversight of outsourced testing
• Client certifications / attestations
• Work closely with our Implementation team to ensure execution of the team’s strategy
• Understand and be responsible for the risks associated with the PCG global team
• Ensure procedure documents are up-to-date and team is following the process
• Challenge the status quo and find opportunities for process improvements
• Champion diversity & inclusion
• Improve existing compliance coding, and investigate / troubleshoot potential breaches when needed
• Active participation in strategic projects and initiatives
• Drive connectivity with other locations and partner with peers globally in each of the regional PCG teams
• Growth and development within a truly global team and firm
• Exposure to multiple business groups and investment products across BlackRock and BlackRock Solutions globally
• Daily interaction with key business partners (Onboarding, Portfolio Management, Client relationship teams, Legal and Compliance, Technology and Operations) across the globe
• Opportunity to take responsibility and ownership for both individual projects and team goals
• Visibility in being a champion for PCG with both internal and external clients
• Exposure to global regulatory jurisdictions and frameworks
• Service champion for broader organization
Knowledge / Experience:
• Significant operational experience
• Validated capability to supervise a high performing team
• Multiple years of experience in handling business partners
• Experience of active lead in projects
• Client centric focus with a deep understanding of client intent
• Experience working with the investment management industry and of investment products preferred
• Experience of coding in SQL preferred
• Comfortable working across multiple functions, geographies and partners with maturity and judgement
• A strong drive, sense of ownership and sense of urgency
Skills / Qualifications:
• Strong Microsoft Office knowledge
• Strong knowledge of the Aladdin platform, preferred
• Although not required, knowledge of programming languages (such as Visual Basic, C++, or Java) and an understanding of relational database concepts (including SQL) are beneficial
• Strong management skills
• Technical mindset to understand BlackRock Query Language (BQL) coding
• Strong communication skills
• Strong multi-tasking skills
• Ability to self-manage workloads and work to deadlines
• Great leader and teammate
• Attention to detail
• Dedicated approach to issue resolution
• Ability to handle complexity and stress and work in a highly challenging environment
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.