Portfolio Analytics Regional Lead
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Job Description:Business Unit Overview: The Portfolio Analytics Group (PAG) within BlackRock Solutions creates and delivers Aladdin’s® analytical capabilities to help the firm and our clients understand and manage their investments and risk. The team aims to create high quality investment processes by delivering innovative solutions grounded in our expertise of analytics, the Aladdin platform(the firm’s proprietary platform), and technology. The Asset Allocation Analytics team within PAG focuses on embedding analytics across BlackRock’s Multi-Asset Solutions and Client Solutions businesses, as well as a broad focus on the creation and delivery of BlackRock’s quantitative risk models to all clients. The team seeks a new internal relationship manager and applied analytics expert to lead the regional Asset Allocation team in San Francisco. The ideal candidate leverages their experience, market knowledge, and internal network to proactively identify opportunities to utilize and improve improve and utilize Aladdin’s analytics. Opportunities:
- Lead broad relationships with BlackRock’s Multi-Asset Strategies (MAS) portfolio and risk managers, specifically with Factor-Based Strategies, LifePath, and Model Portfolio Solutions. Collaborate with those teams to improve the investment process.
- Further Aladdin’s capabilities in portfolio risk, optimization, and factor investing through understanding market trends and applying them to business challenges (In partnership with our Financial Modelling Group).
- Enhance the construction process for model portfolios, including working with in-house and competitor mutual funds.
- Be part of a global leadership team within Asset Allocation spanning five locations.
- Build a network across the firm navigate all groups at BlackRock to solve business problems.
- 8+ years relevant work experience in the financial services or FinTech industry; familiarity with buy-side investment and risk management workflows and technology platforms; experience as a people manager
- Familiarity with advanced analytics, including: modern portfolio theory, multi-asset risk modelling, performance attribution, stress testing, Monte-Carlo modelling, or advanced credit analysis
- Ability to be given a broad problem, and turn into an executable plan
- Rapidly develop fluency across Aladdin ecosystem
- Demonstrated success in project management with a diverse and demanding client base
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Acquired technical aptitude includes experience in Linux, SQL, and scripting platforms (Python, R)
- Adaptability and resiliency when overcoming challenges
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.