- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Network Sales Originator - C & I Banking
- Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Network Sales Originator - C & I BankingAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Understanding of Client
• Deep understanding of clients' business needs, footprint, buying centers and decision making process.
• Owns Account Plan commitments & TB client map.
• Pro-actively lead TB Cash opportunity development with the Coverage team.
• Execute activities in line with TB sales pipeline policy.
• Build full access to cash management, payments, and treasury decision makers through active client calling.
• Take the lead in identifying explicit and implied client needs, engaging key influencers and decision makers, developing solutions and leading proposals and pitches to clients.
• Leverage SCB's innovative capabilities and lead client/fintech co-creation activities
• Input into Global Account Plans
• Proposal (RFP) responsibilities covered as per rules of engagement with proposals team.
• Complete ownership of client level revenue for cash and liquidity globally.
• Manage the execution through to revenue realization (as per scorecard metrics of completed implementation rather than deal closed).
• Use Transactional Sales team input to drive engagement with clients/other units to ensure revenue realization if any issues surface.
• Document negotiation for new to bank business.
• Active role in credit & compliance approvals and new client onboarding.
Client servicing support
• Ensure that any post sales service issues identified are managed appropriately by Service Management and/or other relevant departments. (e.g. GAMs, Account Managers)
People and Talent
• Champion and act as a role model of the Group's values and culture in the country
• Build a top team capable of ensuring delivery of the business' short and longer-term objectives through:
o Coaching, guidance and management of the team to ensure they deliver against the financial, non-financial and risk/control objectives.
o Identifying and addressing the top issues/opportunities for performance improvement across the team.
o Driving an environment of collaboration, both within the team and across the wider Group, to ensure issues are raised and blockages are resolved in a timely manner.
o Developing succession plans that identify gaps in bench-strength; subsequently implementing action plans to ensure ready-now talent is available.
• Manage all TB Sales risks in the Country (incl. through BORFs & CORCs), conform to global standards, improve risk metrics, e-enablement & culture, and ensure no failed audits (internal & external)
• Drive the Operational Risk framework implementation where applicable
• Build strong & deep relationships with industry bodies and work closely with internal compliance and regulatory groups on fulfilling obligations of the bank.
• In conjunction with CEO, CIO & Compliance, proactively engage local and global business & functional partners and stakeholders to drive the TB Origination Sales agenda and ensure alignment
• Promote the SCB brand and Group Code of Conduct - exemplify the values of the Group in all undertakings
• Country and Regional CEOs
• Country and Regional Business Heads across all Product and Segment areas
• Country and Regional Heads in Functions
• Represent SCB and Transaction Banking with all stakeholders including Clients, Competitors, Partners and industry bodies.
Our Ideal Candidate
• Broad banking experience
• Deep knowledge of TB cash management products
• More than 10 years experience in driving TB business preferably in the same industry
• Proven ability to independently identify, drive and deliver on opportunities.
• Strong executive impact and track record of new to bank sales success.
• Practitioner with Advanced / Expert Cash and or Trade knowledge.
• Structuring Solutions and ability to handle documentation.
• Strong credit understanding and experience.
• Seen as an industry expert in Cash/Payments and emerging markets
• Sector expertise preferred
• Understanding of SCB's network as well as knowledge of cash management practice in Emerging Markets preferred.
• Ability to proactively identify client needs and create solutions to generate new to bank business.
• Ability to cultivate a network of relationships in the client with key influencers and senior decision makers to identify and win deals.
• Ability to probe the commercial implications of a client's needs and provide solutions and advice that positively impact the client's operational and financial performance.
• Wants to be a trusted advisor - positions as the "Go to" person for clients when they desire strategic TB input.
• Strong credibility with key stakeholders i.e. Risk, CIC, GTO (for cash).
• Sharp commercial focus, analytical mindset, consultative engagement style, innovative problem solving approach, and strong achievement orientation.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.