Municipal Finance Senior Analyst - Infrastructure
What is the opportunity?
The Municipal Finance Senior Analyst provides analytical, research and transactional support to investment bankers in all departmental work activities relating to the structuring and issuance of municipal bonds through negotiated, competitive sale or via private placement. Senior Analysts are invovled in every aspect of our business and play critical roles on baking teams serving a broad base of clients. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- Perform research, analytics, and financial modeling required to complete a transaction.
- Produce extensive financial analyses to structure both straight forward and complex bond offerings.
- Take increasing role on client coverage teams and in formal and informal presentation.
- Gather, organize, and analyze information neccesary to prepare proposals, client presentations, offering statements, and marketing materials.
- Prepare proposals and participate in presentations for prospective clients, describing in detail financing alternatives in originating, structuring and marketing an issue and our ability to perform the underwriting functions in a capable manner.
- Prepare projections, bond/loan portfolio analysis and modeling & related financial analyses for potential & actual capital markets transactions, including data conversion, synthesis & analysis.
- Develop an understanding of economic and political forces affecting the issuance bonds and the bond market through internal and external resources.
- Enhance the Department's use and knowledge of available information pertaining to the bond market by collecting, organizing and maintaining various marketing materials and information resources.
- Coordinates the various activities, internal and external, relating to pricing and settlement of public finance transactions. Works closely with management and Investment Bankers to secure closings.
- Develops data and analytical processing skills, a proficient knowledge of available computer programs & improves data processing system to enhance departmental efficiency.
- Proactively identify operational risks/control deficiencies in the business.
- Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities.
- Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line manager and the relevant risk and control functions promptly.
- Focus on general government, land secured, and special assignment sectors.
- Other such duties, responsibilities and authority as may be reasonably required.
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or other relevant focus with demonstrated record of high achievement.
- 2 to 5 years of related professional finance or Municipal Finance experience.
- Proficiency with personal computers and standard productivity applications.
- Obtain Securities Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 50, 52, 63, and 79 licensing
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; strong knowledge of finance and accounting.
- Highly motivated, committed and responsible, with a demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships at all organizational levels
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and function independently balanced with strong teaming skills.
- Maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
What's in it for you?
- MBA with emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Public Administration or Finance is preferred.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team