Marketing Communications Associate
- San Francisco, CA, USA San Francisco CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Matthews Asia
- 18 Jul 18 2018-07-18
TITLE: Marketing Communications Associate LOCATION: San Francisco THE COMPANY: Matthews International Capital Management, LLC (“Matthews Asia”) Matthews Asia is an independent, privately owned investment manager headquartered in San Francisco with subsidiary offices in London, Singapore and Hong Kong. Founded in 1991, Matthews
TITLE: Marketing Communications Associate
LOCATION: San Francisco
THE COMPANY: Matthews International Capital Management, LLC (“Matthews Asia”)
Matthews Asia is an independent, privately owned investment manager headquartered in San Francisco with subsidiary offices in London, Singapore and Hong Kong. Founded in 1991, Matthews Asia specializes in investing in Asia’s equity and fixed income markets for institutions, intermediaries and retail investors worldwide. For over 25 years our bottom-up, active investment approach has focused on identifying the most attractive long-term growth opportunities in Asia’s diverse markets. Our portfolios typically feature low turnover rates and high active share, with holdings that differ significantly from their benchmarks. Our long-term perspective and culture of independent thinking facilitate our delivery of a consistent and distinctive value proposition to our clients and partners.
Additional information on Matthews Asia can be found at www.matthewsasia.com.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position will report to VP, Global Marketing
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Marketing Communications Associate is a critical member of the firm’s global marketing team. The individual is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation and management of all presentations and pitchbooks and well as other marketing collaterals. The role requires the ability to engage multiple stakeholders, working collaboratively with various cross functional teams including investment, sales, product and compliance and legal to enable the delivery of timely presentations and marketing materials. The successful individual will combine a passion for creative thinking, problem solving and openness to implementing new ideas and technologies.
The Marketing Communications Associate must be a team player, yet self-motivated, possess exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. The successful candidate must have the ability to understand and assess technical challenges and issues, quickly translate them into logical conclusions and recommendations, and present them clearly to business decision makers. The successful candidate must be able to manage multiple stakeholder needs, manage and identify any potential risks that may arise from competing priorities, adjusting plans as necessary.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Sales and Event Presentations
- Responsible for working with vendor application to manage and update standard presentations on a monthly and/or quarterly basis for multiple jurisdictions
- Create, develop and maintain compelling PowerPoint presentations for all sales, prospecting meetings as well as high-level meetings including events, finals presentations
- Ability to take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs, for both print and digital delivery
- Organize a systemic approach to ensure presentations are updated on a regular, consistent basis with quarterly statistics and performance, as well as other pertinent changes.
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining presentation slide library using a content automation tool
- Partner Compliance to ensure adherence to regulations and policies related to asset management marketing.
- Responsible for coordinating Compliance review of presentations books and marketing materials as needed
- Update content per established marketing and communications templates on a monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc basis
- Partners with Investment Writers on updating marketing collateral content and proactively share formatting ideas, proofread materials, ensuring overall quality and accuracy
- Assists Investment writers by obtaining and compiling key information, and researching and resolving potential issues
- Proactively enhance own knowledge of investment industry and asset management business and sales processes as well as firm’s product suite
- Be a brand ambassador and ensure all marketing and communications adhere to the firm’s brand standards
- Miscellaneous responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Four years plus experience in marketing or related field with minimum three year of experience in financial services industry
- Extensive experience with PowerPoint presentations
- Must be a U.S. citizen or authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis
- Ability to prioritize, manage deadlines and be detail oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to perform under in a time-sensitive, high-pressure work environment
- Able to adjust to changes in workflow and direction
- Ability to develop effective internal/external working relationships
- Be able to troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Ability to work under time pressure and manage competing priorities
- High attention to detail
- Proofreading ability
- Extremely responsible and reliable
- Experience with content automation tool such as Seismic a plus
- Financial services experience a plus
- Knowledge of FINRA advertising rules a plus
- Full understanding of MS Office product suite
- Knowledge of Adobe products, including design programs a plus
Matthews International Capital Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, political activity or affiliation, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition as defined under applicable law, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or ordinances.