Market Research Intern
DailyFX.com is the premier website for research and analysis on the FX markets. It also offers unique and trade-oriented analysis on global equity indexes, commodities, fixed income and other key markets in the modern portfolio. Internship positions with this group involve work that is engaging, practical, educational and important to DailyFX's production. A candidate is evaluated for their capabilities coming in and development as the internship progresses with responsibilities increasing as ability is proven. Broadly speaking, an intern's work will include operational tasks, big-data analysis, breaking news communication to traders, broad research projects to aid analysts and original article production depending on the candidate's aptitude. Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Critical Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Market research on FX markets, interest rates, global economics, commodities, and more
- Maintain a database of market knowledge and world news events for timely content distribution
- Manage a Real Time News feed for breaking developments across a wide set of markets
- Assist analysts and strategist with research and data processing for reports related to FX, commodities, fixed income, and equity indexes
- Produce in-depth 'Market Alerts' articles that focuses on a particular data, event or market development
- Support business development efforts to optimize content distribution and measure reach of DailyFX content
Number of openings
- Professional, academic, and/or personal experience in economics and trading markets
- Must possess exceptional analytical and writing skills
- Strong expository writing ability
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
- Must be a undergraduate student within your junior or senior year with a GPA of 3.0 or above
IG empowers informed, decisive, adventurous people to access opportunities in over 15,000 financial markets. With a strong focus on innovation and technology, the company puts client needs at the heart of everything it does.
IG’s vision is to be a global leader in retail trading and investments. Established in 1974 as the world’s first financial spread betting firm, it continued leading the way by launching the world’s first online and iPhone trading services.
IG is now an award-winning, multi-platform trading company, the world’s No.1 provider of CFDs* and a global leader in forex. It provides leveraged services with the option of limited-risk guarantees, and offers an execution-only share dealing service in the UK, Australia, Germany, France, Ireland, Austria and the Netherlands. IG has recently launched a range of affordable, fully managed investment portfolios, to provide a comprehensive offering to investors and active traders.
It is a member of the FTSE 250, with offices across Europe, including a Swiss bank, Africa, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and the US, where it offers on-exchange limited risk derivatives via the Nadex brand.
*Based on revenue excluding FX (from published financial statements, October 2016)