It Assurance Senior Staff
IT Assurance Senior Staff Req #:
San Francisco, CA US Job Category:
Audit Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here
At Crowe, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today’s complex business issues. Crowe’s accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their commitment to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our commitment to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a “Best Place to Work.” We are 75 years strong and still growing. Job Summary
Crowe’s IT Assurance group is a rapidly growing national practice. We have opportunities for you to join our exciting team in multiple locations, including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Dallas, Fort Lauderdale, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Chicago, Columbus, and New York. Offsite/remote applicants may also be considered. We’re looking for talented professionals who are excited to bring new ideas and fresh perspectives to our dynamic practice. As technology continues to be the key and ever-advancing driver for businesses and their customers, the need for assurance over IT security and controls is on the rise. We can offer you challenging work, excellent training and a rewarding career path with great advancement and financial opportunities. Are you up for the challenge?
As an IT Assurance Senior on our progressive and close-knit IT Assurance team, this is what your role delivers:
- Supporting planning, staff supervision, and execution of IT Assurance, Cybersecurity, Compliance and Consulting engagements; including SOC, PCI, HITRUST, SOC for Cybersecurity, and other engagements in a variety of client industries.
- Executing IT Assurance work and overseeing the technical work of staff.
- Reporting to a project leader and/or partner regarding communications of potential issues and status of completion of IT Assurance projects.
- Participating in strategic and tactical initiatives related to new product offerings and services.
- Working with Crowe’s IT Assurance management team to set the performance expectations of IT Assurance Staff level personnel.
- Evaluating the performance of Crowe IT Assurance staff level personnel.
- Performing research on technology products/trends and professional standards as it relates to IT controls and the IT Assurance profession.
- Ability to drive your career advancement and prepare for higher levels of responsibility within Crowe leadership.
- Generating ideas about transforming our IT Assurance approach, development of tools to allow for efficient delivery of services, and providing thought leadership.
- Opportunities to enhance technical skills and be trained in the latest technical IT Assurance and Security skills.
- Day-to-day access to partners and other leaders in the IT Assurance practice for on-going personal development and career advancement.
- Bachelor's degree required. Major in Accounting, Computer Information Systems, or Information Technology with a Security or Networking focus is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the areas of IT Audit, SOC, IT Financial Audit Support, or PCI or HITRUST Compliance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Auditing network operating systems, network architecture and configuration standards as well as application controls.
- Knowledge or interest in learning networking equipment such as firewalls and routers.
- Knowledge or interest in learning security technologies and utilities including encryption, anti-virus, intrusion prevention, file-integrity monitoring, and logging.
- Audit planning, execution, and in-charge responsibilities.
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment, managing project milestones.
- Drafting reports and executive summaries on IT control issues for senior management personnel.
- Performing technical IT audits or audits of IT controls that support financial or business operations.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or eligible to sit for the exam.
- Travel expectations: As a national practice, travel is expected but varies by role and project; ranging from 15 to 60% of time throughout the year. Rewards are available for frequent travelers.
- This position may require national or international travel.
Additional Skills Desired (not required to apply):
About the Team:
- CPA or MBA is a plus.
- Knowledge of midrange or mainframe architecture (IBM iSeries or IBM OS/390).
- Other beneficial certifications:
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Payment Card Industry Qualified Security Assessor (PCI-QSA)
- Payment Card Industry Internal Security Assessor (PCI-ISA)
- HITRUST CCSFP Certified
The IT Assurance team is a part of Crowe’s Audit practice and provides attestation and consulting services in the areas of SOC, Cybersecurity, PCI, HITRUST as well as supporting financial statement audits in regards to Information Systems controls. IT Assurance professionals demonstrate deep specialization through an understanding of information systems security and controls, and the ever evolving changes in the technology landscape to stay ahead of the business demands of our clients, with an unyielding commitment to audit quality. Though Crowe has six business units, Audit is the largest practice and supports a variety of industries both nationally and internationally. Our Benefits:
At Crowe, we know that great people is what makes a great firm. We value our people and offer employees a comprehensive benefits package. How You Can Grow:
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and aspirations. More about Crowe:
Crowe () is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.