Investment Banking Department, Retail & Consumer, Senior Associate – Junior Vice President Focused on E-commerce, San Francisco
The Retail/Consumer Group covers a wide variety of sectors including e-commerce, department stores, specialty retail, apparel/footwear, luxury goods, supermarkets/drugstores, restaurants, foodservice distribution, agribusiness, food, beverage, household products, personal care, tobacco, spirits and wine.
E-commerce specialist who would assist in covering companies and work on a broad array of transactions. Our bankers execute mergers and acquisitions, raise capital for clients (IPO and private capital raise), debt financing, discuss strategic alternatives geared towards competitive growth, and provide other advisory services. You will work alongside some of the industry's best bankers and have exposure to senior people at a diverse set of companies. Associates and Vice Presidents get the chance to have high visibility, impact and recognition. Credit Suisse's Associates and Vice Presidents assume a high degree of responsibility for both project management and client relationship building through a wide array of activities. Responsibilities:
- Cover the e-commerce industry and winning transactions for such e-commerce companies but also using e-commerce knowledge for discussion with some of the firms brick and mortar and private equity clients as well.
- Assist in coverage of relevant venture capital companies. In addition help broader west coast coverage efforts of both key Retail & Consumer strategic accounts as well as private equity based in the area.
- You will be traveling on road shows and site visits, helping management teams craft the storyline to position their companies for sale or equity/debt offerings, building complex models that help companies understand how they are valued by the market, and building a network of colleagues both inside CS and outside that will strengthen your career throughout your professional life.
- The role will require someone to use CS people from both Retail & Consumer as well as technology groups and work collaboratively together.
- Our US regional breadth offers unique opportunities to execute transactions from conception to close, which differentiates Credit Suisse from our competitors. Our robust middle market practice means you get the chance early in your career to work on deals where you will carry significant responsibility and have extensive direct client coverage.
- Interested candidates must have completed a graduate degree program and have at least 2-4 years of Investment Banking experience, preferably in Retail & Consumer, E-commerce or Technology.
- Credit Suisse is noted for the embracing diversity, and seeks candidates with a common set of abilities - highly motivated and creative individuals who have proven academic achievement and have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team. We look for intelligent, driven and hardworking candidates with consistent leadership involvement, and a proven interest in the financial sector.
- Good team work - collaborative working with others
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Demonstrated academic achievement, specifically in finance and accounting
- Strong modeling and quantitative skills
- Ability to multi-task among several projects concurrently with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Substantive deal experience is a plus!