Head of Design
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
We are: A team of engineers and finance geeks revolutionizing the finance service industry. Backed by BlackRock, we are a B2B2C enterprise SAAS company making software that allows our customers to retire in style. We’re growing at a rapid rate and we are looking to
We are: A team of engineers and finance geeks revolutionizing the finance service industry. Backed by BlackRock, we are a B2B2C enterprise SAAS company making software that allows our customers to retire in style.
We’re growing at a rapid rate and we are looking to build new technology and processes to scale our business. We’re looking for team members who want to build impactful solutions to a really challenging problem: producing better financial outcomes for families.
We’re looking for a Head of Design to lead our top notch design team and champion design thinking across the company. If you want to work on impactful solutions to a really challenging problem - producing better financial outcomes for everyday families - then keep on reading!
Reporting to the co-founder, The Head of Design sets the design vision and strategy for all of our product lines and marketing communications. This person will manage, mentor and grow our talented team of 10 designers across visual, ux and research disciplines, set processes and best practices, and champion design thinking across the company to ensure that design helps achieve the company’s ultimate strategic goals. The successful candidate will be an outstanding design leader, with a stellar track record of building and leading world-class design functions, and successfully implementing best-in-class approaches, structures and process.
- Mentor, coach and grow our team of 10+ designers spanning visual design, UX design and UX research, as well as a creative agency
- Work with product, engineering, BizDev and implementations to shape the product vision for our consumer, advisor and back office product lines
- Shape and grow our extensive white label design system, affectionately called Chameleon ;)
- Advocate for our users by leveraging user research within the product creation process to influence design and product decisions
- Represent design within the company, to partners, and externally. You’ll be the voice for insanely great design, particularly in an industry that needs forward thinking design leadership.
- Champion design thinking efforts across the company
- Adopt a ‘hands-on’ approach when required to help the team with concept development and running design sprints
- At least 10-15+ years’ experience designing products, applications and design systems across web and mobile platforms
- At least 5+ years of demonstrated success as a senior design leader within a large scale organization
- Outstanding design instincts in interaction and visual design, and design systems. Service design experience is a big plus.
- A portfolio with a wide range of product design work where you’ve played a key part in leading the design team to success
- A strong mix of consumer and B2B design experience delivered at scale
- Deep understanding and experience practicing design thinking techniques in real world projects
- Strong knowledge of user research techniques and how to best apply them
- Able to attract fantastic people and inspire them to do their best work
- A solid point-of-view with a collaborative nature
FutureAdvisor is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
FutureAdvisor will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.