GRS Researcher, VP
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Job Description:BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. BlackRock is looking for a vice president to join the Research team within the Global Retirement Strategy Group (GRS). GRS is responsible for enabling disciplined commercialization of the global retirement market opportunity and growth of BlackRock’s retirement profile through investments, technology, analysis and research. In this capacity the group partners with local sales, marketing, and portfolio management teams, among others, to ensure delivery of BlackRock’s existing retirement investment capabilities (core focus areas: iRetire, CoRI Indices, funds and associated tools), as well as new product development and thought-leadership.
The position of GRS Researcher entails research on the areas of consumer behavior, spending patterns, optimal lifetime allocation, and fund design as well as competitive positioning, model portfolio building and automated allocation implementation. The duties will include obtaining and processing public and private data to support models that cover all of these areas, use of proprietary code written in Matlab and Python --among other languages-- to create new analyses for each of these areas, and development of new investment products. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research existing offerings in the Retirement market.
- Apply academic and industry research to the creation of new products.
- Employ rigorous quantitative methods to optimize design of existing and new products.
- Assist in the creation of supporting material for new and existing products.
- Develop and extend risk models for existing and new products using internal BlackRock platform
- Support plan-level data analysis using internal BlackRock platform
- Support externally-facing portfolio allocation tools
- Work with diverse teams to design and construct portfolios tailored to suit investor requirements and preferences.
- Independently conduct research to drive investment solutions and portfolios.
- Engage in in-depth technical (coding) work on the portfolio management, research and production codebase that underpins the systematic portfolio construction and management processes.
- Ability to program in Matlab and Python
- Unix scripting languages. C++ preferred (but not a necessity)
- Understanding of optimization science
- Understanding of finance and portfolio allocation, utility theory, econometrics, data analysis and behavioral finance
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.