Full Stack Developer ( Java / Angular / TypeScript / HTML / CSS / d3.js / NodeJS / ag-grid / Webpack / Karma / Jasmine)
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA San Francisco CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 May 18 2018-05-23
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The position is for a Full Stack Web Engineer within the Investment Systems Development team. Investment Systems (IS) is a team within the Aladdin Product Group (APG) and are responsible for technology utilized by Researchers, Portfolio Managers, Traders, Risk Managers, Compliance Officers and Investment Operations.
This technology helps our clients generate alpha, manage beta, construct portfolios, source and manage liquidity, execute trades, and understand portfolio and enterprise exposures. Additionally, the team is responsible for the main workflows of Aladdin's investment process i.e. raising orders, checking compliance, placing and filling orders with the Street, booking trade allocations, confirming trades with counterparties, and settling transactions at custodians. Investment Systems works closely with leaders in the Aladdin Business to ensure we are commercializing and delivering our capabilities to the wider Aladdin Community.
- Bachelor’s Degree educated, or higher
- hands-on coder with lots of experience, including successes and failures
- Strong programming skills in modern Web Technology such as Angular 2 or higher, TypeScript, HTML, CSS, d3.js, NodeJS, ag-grid, Webpack, Karma, Jasmine, etc.
- advanced knowledge of multithreading or multi-process development – essential knowledge in enterprise development
- SQL/noSQL data modelling
- Passion for Automated Testing – unit, integration, regression
- Experienced user of Git, Maven, Jenkins, and CI/CD
- comfort discussing Object-Oriented Analysis, and Design, including an opinion on Design Patterns
- Distributed caching experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ability to express ideas or analysis with clarity
- Deliver high level of service through responsiveness and accuracy
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with changing priorities
- Work with teams in multi-office, multi-country environments across several time zones
- Excellent organizational skills to manage priorities and workflow with efficiency
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.