Senior Engineering Manager San Francisco, CA Engineering Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland. Credit Karma is looking for an engineering manager / lead to be a part of our leadership team. Were working hard to bring credit knowledge to the masses so people can figure out how to put their best financial foot forward. If you have a technical background and are interested in all the challenges of people leadership, you might make a great fit for engineering management at Credit Karma. *Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC What will you do?
- Manage one or more engineering teams.
- Provide technical strategy and direction to the team.
- People care! One?-on?-ones, growth & development plans, performance feedback, compensation, and making sure your team is effective and happy.
- The cherry on top; in addition to people leadership you can focus on either hands?-on technical contribution or program management for the efforts you own.
Whats great about it?
- Youll be knee deep in a great mission; helping people learn about credit.
- Youll learn a lot doing it; we care about the art of engineering leadership.
- Technically rewarding challenges abound such as scalability, data science, and high quality user experience backed by complex business logic.
- And, of course, all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about.
What do we expect?
Equal Employment Opportunity
- 3+ years of engineering management experience.
- You aspire to do something great and want to grow into roles that have huge impact.
- Previous experience as a hands-?on technical contributor.
- Empathetic while still being able to challenge that we are doing things right.
- Willingness to lead initiatives and a catalyst for change throughout the whole organization.
- Strong communication skills with engineers and non?-technical folks.
- Experience delivering product in an agile environment.
- A love of web and mobile products.
- You are happy to revolutionize the credit industry for the people.
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. Weve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-PW1