Engineering Manager, Web San Francisco, CA Engineering Full-time Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for everything related to their financial goals, including improving their credit, identity monitoring, applying for credit cards, doing their taxes and shopping for loans (car, home and personal) -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,200 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland. The Credit Cards teams mission is to empower people to use credit cards as a tool for financial progress. We accomplish this by helping our customers choose and apply for the right credit card and use their existing cards based on their financial situation and goals. We are a full-stack product engineering team. We own the marketplace, application process, and engagement features. We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our web team. In this role, your team will build the web UX for all of Credit Cards products and features.
- Provide technical leadership and vision in the architecture and implementation of the product within the iOS and Android apps
- Communicate cross-functionally with Data Science, Product, Design, Analytics, BD, and others to ensure alignment
- Grow people through one on ones, growth & development plans, performance feedback, promotions, and making people effective and happy
- Scale the team by recruiting and onboarding new engineers
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Experience building websites or web technology-based applications
- Experience with React and/or GraphQL
- Experience building systems in a service-oriented architecture
- Capable of implementing front end user experiences that are mobile-first
- Comfort with data analytics, testing tools, and A/B testing methodology
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye single to fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all. Weve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our guiding mission is strong. Join us!