EII Markets & Investments, Head of Strategy & Business Management
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA San Francisco CA US
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
ETF and Index Investments (EII) is the leading index investment engine in the world. We help investors build better portfolios with the industry’s leading suite of index investment tools. We enable them to replace individual securities, to take short-term market views, to invest cash rapidly, to execute more efficiently than swaps, futures or individual bonds, to take long-term core positions and to construct efficient portfolios. We serve every kind of investor: pensions, insurers, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, asset managers, wealth advisors and individual investors.
Role and Responsibilities:
The position is part of the EII Markets and Investments team which is responsible for the product quality and integrity across the entire indexing book. The Engine team consists of the Portfolio Engineering & Investment Platform, iShares Global Markets, Product Architecture & Operating Platform and Research & Analytics groups.
Based in San Francisco, this person will be responsible for strategy, strategic initiatives and business management of the EII Markets and Investment functions, working directly with senior leadership. Responsibilities include:
- Strategy and Planning
- Developing and articulating various markets and investments-related business initiatives
- Leading global strategic initiatives
- Providing decision-support and analysis related to key strategic issues (e.g., pricing, resource/capital allocation)
- Business Management
- Overseeing and managing the Markets & Investments function’s budget, expenses and headcount
- Producing and managing reporting of investment performance and key financial indicators
- Overseeing governance of the Markets & Investments function (e.g., overseeing committees, delivering content for leadership team off sites)
- Representing the Markets & Investments function in EII-wide or firmwide governance bodies
- Talent management: Managing a small team and developing talent
Qualifications and experience:
- 8+ years of relevant experience. The ideal candidate will have led major strategic initiatives, have worked in an in-house corporate/business strategy role or have strategy consulting experience, preferably within asset management or broader financial services
- BA/BS required; MBA preferred
- Significant experience leading large-scale strategy projects, business planning, aligning resources and driving execution
- Ability to build relationships and influence people at all levels and functions, and to work closely with senior executives
- Robust quantitative skill set, with the ability to synthesize information, answer key business questions, translate findings into articulate presentations/memos and drive decisions
- Effective team player with high level of motivation and inquisitiveness; comfort with ambiguity
- High level of self-motivation with ability to own and drive multiple projects at once
- High degree of professional discretion, integrity and judgment
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.