Director of Technology
56081 ApplyButton Widget Job Field Widget
RSM has an exceptional career opportunity available for an experienced Director to join our Risk Consulting practice on the West Coast as a part of our Technology Risk Consulting Solution Set.
RSM Risk Consulting directors are experienced senior managers and leaders seeking career growth, practice development, and accelerated leadership opportunities within an exciting, growing consulting practice. They are leaders who appreciate the opportunity to build teams, develop people, and serve clients in a dynamic fast-paced environment while simultaneously pursuing their career goals while also experiencing a rewarding work-life balance.
Our clients depend upon effective risk management, internal audit, and governance over their enterprise- wide information technology in order to achieve their business objectives. Our Risk Consulting Technology Risk Consulting (TRC) professionals serve dynamic middle-market and other large complex organizations seeking to create and preserve value while effectively managing risks. Our TRC client service teams are also engaged with clients providing assurance over business processes and integrated systems. We work with a diverse group clients across a wide variety of industries developing strong working relationships with clients built on understanding their businesses, their challenges, risks, and information technology (IT) requirements.
- Consulting with client leadership on the design and optimization of controls utilizing a general knowledge of business processes, accounting, and information technologies. Draw upon your demonstrated technical, industry and IT risk advisory knowledge to become a trusted advisor to our clients across a variety of industries and sectors;
- Consulting with client leadership on strategic plans and other business matters, helping our clients to anticipate emerging risks and information technology opportunities;
- Overseeing the quality and timeliness of engagement teams efforts to identify internal IT controls, assess their design and operational effectiveness, determine risk exposures and to develop client recommendations and reports;
- Supporting external financial statement, SOX compliance, and Internal Audit/SOX engagements for application and information technology general computer controls as a leader of integrated external and internal audit teams with IT general controls, IT operational risks, and IT risk management processes (including controls);
- Supporting external financial statement, SOX compliance, and Internal Audit/SOX engagements evaluating and testing application controls, particularly automated controls on a wide range of ERP systems and software applications across a wide variety of client business processes;
- Leading client engagements pertaining to SOC attestation and other third-party opinion services;
- Leading consulting and audit engagements pertaining to cybersecurity risk management;
- Leverage your existing network and personal brand in the marketplace to drive growth for the risk advisory practice; including: identifying, proposing on, and securing new opportunities;
- Oversee a diverse book of business, maintaining overall responsibility for the profitability, effective delivery and engagement risk of all client related work within the portfolio;
- Manage multiple client projects simultaneously, while providing leadership on proposal opportunities and ongoing internal initiatives;
- Recruit and retain future leaders of the firm. Leverage your experience and expertise to advance the professional aspirations and skills of your colleagues, our managers, and our risk advisory services staff.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, accounting, MIS, computer science, or related a discipline;
- Ten years of experience working in the field of information technology risk management, internal audit, and/or public accounting and consulting, with a minimum of 5 years at a public accounting or professional services firm;
- Experience leading engagements and leading managers and staff; experience managing project financials and managing projects to completion within agreed upon fess and budgets;
- Experience managing people, mentoring staff, providing performance feedback, and monitoring workloads of the team while meeting stakeholder and client expectations;
- Strong understanding of information technology controls and security experience in a widely used financial applications and ERP systems (such as SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, or others) is preferred;
- Executive command and complete understanding of relevant regulations and industry standards (e.g., SOX, AICPA SOC Reporting Standards, COSO, COBIT, FFIEC, ITIL, ISO27001, PCI, HIPAA and GLBA) and best practices and methodologies to address these requirements. Ability to apply these requirements to organizational internal control frameworks;
- Professional certification(s) such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor® (CISA®), Certified Information Systems Security Professionals® (CISSP®); Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM®) and/or Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) is required;
- Recent successful experience in cultivating new business and related market-facing activities;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Advanced written, verbal and presentation skills, including interaction with members of senior management;
- Ability to travel to meet client needs (estimated to be in a range from 10% to 30%).
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective. Text/HTML Job ID: Job Field Widget
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
req16464 Text/HTML Line of Business: Job Field Widget
Consulting Services Text/HTML SubFunction: Job Field Widget
RC Technology Risk Consulting Text/HTML Job Type: Job Field Widget
FullTime Text/HTML Req #: Job Field Widget
req16464 Text/HTML Location: Job Field Widget
San Francisco, CA US Text/HTML Region: Job Field Widget
West Region Text/HTML Job Category: Job Field Widget
Business Consulting/Technology Text/HTML Employment Type: Job Field Widget
Experienced Text/HTML Degree Required: Job Field Widget
Bachelor Text/HTML Travel: Job Field Widget
Yes ApplyButton Widget Social Sharing