Director of Sales
Managing Director, Sales Training & Enablement
The Analytics & Sales Operations team ensures SVBs complex and ever-evolving business runs smoothly. We have teams embedded in each of the major bank business areas. Team members are analytical and strategic, with a pragmatic sense of how to get things done.
As the Managing Director of Sales Enablement, you will lead the banks effort to build a programmatic approach for collaborative client engagement across client-facing teams, creating a differentiated client experience that attracts new clients, deepens relationships and drives growth effectively and efficiently. You will define customer journeys, clarify and refine engagement models required to support them, develop and deploy tools and collateral to support these, and support the design and development of training programs to reinforce all of the above. You will work closely with the heads of business units and Analytics & Sales Operations leadership to help grow, scale, and run the business more efficiently and effectively. You excel at balancing planning with execution and are very comfortable collaborating across numerous functions and stakeholders and managing change.
This position offers the opportunity to lead a team of sales enablement specialists, to partner closely with the Bank Leadership Team to help them reconcile their priorities, shape their go-to-market strategy, and execute their go-to-market initiatives.
- Define and maintain target customer journeys that will serve as the foundation for customer-facing operating models and processes
- Clarify and optimize the customer-facing operating models and motions for client engagement and opportunities management, clarifying who owns what
- Develop and deploy tools, systems, and collateral to enable customer facing teams to execute those actions with excellence
- Support the design and development of knowledge and training programs that reinforce the go-to-market approach as it adjusts with bank strategy
- Collaborate with rest of ASO organization, cross-functional partners, and business units to fully integrate sales enablement with broader go-to-market elements and bank strategy into robust programs, and to drive positive change
- Ensure engagement models are optimized for both customer experience and SVB return on capital, and executed consistently and effectively, including handoffs, offboarding, and measuring outcomes
- Partner closely with the marketing organization to facilitate and ensure integration, consistency, and excellence across the customer journey, digital and human customer engagement, and collateral
- Establish strong working relationships with sales leadership, operations, product, marketing, finance and other cross-functional teams
- Lead and manage a team of world-class sales enablement specialists and contractors (as needed)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years in sales enablement, sales go-to-market, or equivalent
- Proven ability to inspire and move a cross-functional group and business leadership in a unified direction, and to lead multiple projects simultaneously under tight timeframes
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to negotiate priorities across organizations at all levels.
- MBA or graduate degree in a management or technical field.
- Experience leading complex operational and strategic initiatives
- Experience leading change in an established high-tech or finance company
- Distinctive problem-solving and analysis skills, combined with impeccable business judgment.
- Experience informing or building sales training programs at financial institutions
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Experience deploying sales enablement programs at scale (to a sales organization thats comprised of hundreds of sales personnel or greater)
United States-California-San Francisco Work Locations: Job:
Banking Operations Organization:
SVB Financial Group. Schedule:
Full-time Job Posting:
Aug 12, 2020, 1:48:43 PM