Director of RFPs and Client Reporting
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Matthews Asia
- 09 Nov 18
Responsible for completing RFPs, RFI, and DDQ, to facilitate new business opportunities. Service internal/external partners and clients on client-centric data reports. Be the point contact and subject expert across multiple business units.
TITLE: Director of RFPs and Client Reporting
LOCATION: San Francisco, California
Founded by G. Paul Matthews in 1991, Matthews Asia believes in the long-term growth of Asia, concentrating our investment efforts and expertise exclusively within the region. As an independent, privately owned firm, Matthews is the largest dedicated Asia-only investment specialist in the United States. With offices in San Francisco, Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai and London, our investment solutions are available to investors around the world.
Additional information on Matthews Asia and the Matthews Asia Funds can be found at www.matthewsasia.com.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role will include responsibilities both for RFPs and consultant databases, as well as for the preparation of institutional separate account and commingled fund client reports. Specifically:
This role is responsible for completing request for proposals (RFPs), requests for information (RFI), and client due diligence questionnaires (DDQ) to facilitate new business opportunities and meet client service requirements. These deliverables will accurately reflect Matthews’ capabilities, products, and services. Responsibilities include:
- Produce high quality RFPs, RFIs and DDQs in coordination with our business development, client service, and product management colleagues.
- Manage the RFP process across multiple contributing teams while meeting all due dates.
- Develop strong working relationships with sales, client service, investment, legal, compliance and administration teams to ensure that the content within the deliverables are accurate and responsive to questions.
- Draft and edit new language concerning the firm and investment products for existing and prospective clients and consultants.
- Maintain and update responses to standard language within the RFP database.
- Identify process improvements that will create more efficient methods of gathering, sorting and accessing language and data.
- Take overall responsibility and accountability for the timely and accurate population and updating of consultant databases, as well as responses to periodic and ad hoc requests for data, information, and questionnaires from domestic and global consultants.
This role also plays an integral part in the servicing of our internal and external partners and clients with a particular focus on client-oriented data reports for fund and separate account clients, as well as specific institutional separate account reporting deliverables. This position will work closely with teams across investments, technology, operations, client service, and marketing to identify and address data needs and to develop solutions that enable client-oriented reports to be prepared in an efficient manner using either proprietary or third-party systems. Responsibilities include:
- Create and/or review timely, accurate and relevant client reports on an ad hoc and scheduled basis for our global and domestic client base. This will include preparation of institutional separate account client reports.
- Support responses to client inquiries through the provision of information, data or other responses in a timely and clear fashion, while maintaining an organized repository of data and information.
- Possess a strong technical knowledge of all client reporting data (performance, attribution, and portfolio characteristics). Responsible for controls, communication, utilization, maintenance and retention of such data for the team.
- Proactively work with clients and team members to design and create new recurring and ad hoc reports for clients in required formats and to incorporate helpful delivery methods that utilize various internal and external systems.
- Oversee development of a disclosure library for client-facing reporting materials.
The role is also expected to include the following responsibilities:
- To maintain and manage a comprehensive calendar of standard and ad hoc deliverables that include standard RFIs, periodic questionnaires, product-related data reports, and client reports.
- To manage and mentor additional team members in the firm’s San Francisco office. Collaboration and involvement with business development team members in the firm’s Hong Kong, Singapore, and London offices is also expected.
- To maximize the utility of our RFP Database tools in completing questionnaires and organizing an up-to-date library of questions and responses.
- To implement and oversee standard operating procedures for responsibilities and to be responsible for record retention of all reporting and supporting data sources.
- Project management that includes supervision and monitoring of team members’ time allocation, managing the team’s deliverables calendar, and participation in projects related to new infrastructure and systems such as the RFP database and client reporting tools.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of investment management experience, including specific experience having completed RFPs, RFIs, and DDQs.
- Experience managing a small team.
- Strong process management skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic who works well in a fast-paced environment, while being able to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines for both short-term reporting and long-term projects.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain working relationships with various levels of professionals across an investment management organization.
- Deep understanding and ability to articulate investment processes, the characteristics of investment products, and related investment concepts and terminology.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Experience in gathering, calculating, organizing and reporting various information and data, with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy, completeness, and responsiveness.
• Desire to learn and become a strong individual and team contributor with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Must also be able to work well independently and exercise good judgment.
- Flexible mind-set with respect to job requirements in an evolving and growing firm.
- Computer proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of PMAPs (our RFP database) is a plus.
- Excellent references.
- Must be a U.S citizen or authorized to work in the U.S on a permanent basis
Matthews International Capital Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, political activity or affiliation, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition as defined under applicable law, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or ordinances