This position is an individual contributor role responsible for Annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting, long-term planning, implementation, and business strategic analysis. This position will conduct analysis and forecasting and reporting efforts to assist the firm’s leadership in understanding trends and making informed business decisions.
TITLE: Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
LOCATION: San Francisco, California
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis is an individual contributor role responsible for the Annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting, long-term planning, implementation, and business strategic analysis for Matthews Asia. This position will conduct financial analysis, modeling, forecasting and reporting efforts to assist the firm’s leadership in understanding key trends and helping make informed business decisions.
This position will report to the Head of Accounting and Finance as well as work closely with the immediate team, CFO, and department heads of Matthews to accomplish the following activities:
- Develop and lead all key Financial, Planning and Analysis functions including preparation of long-term forecasts, annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and periodic management reporting.
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, provide relevant information, and incorporate them into the Firm’s long-term strategic plan
- Develop budgets, forecast and variance analysis working with budget owners.
- Prepare and analyze fund profitability to support annual renewal of Advisory Services (15-c) for US Mutual Funds
- Evaluate financial and strategic impact of new business opportunities and create analytics to review progress on new and existing initiatives/business lines
- Work with the firm’s Product Committee to develop and/or refine new business initiatives and product line changes or expansions.
- Proactively look for ways to improve business, accounting and budgeting processes, including evaluation and implementation of new budgeting and reporting tool.
- Develop and present financial plans and projections to senior management.
- Ability to support LLC Board proceedings, administration and planning
- Provide financial analysis support as needed to manage ad hoc projects.
- Represent Finance in cross-functional efforts that support firm-wide initiatives
- Understand key competitive drivers and geographic markets
This position will be based in Matthews’ San Francisco headquarters
Qualifications required for this position are as follows:
- At least 10 years of strategic planning experience in the asset management industry and/or corporate finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Economics/Business
- Master Degree and/or CFA is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of corporate finance and business strategy
- Strong analytical, quantitative, execution and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a global environment with ability to connect the dots, think strategically, and understand complexities across a multi-faceted business
- Proven ability to develop and propose solutions to complex business challenges
- Strategic thinker with the ability to plan, organize and manage for growth and change
- Experienced leader who takes a partnering approach to collaborating with departments across the Firm and building relationships and credibility both internally and externally
- Strong team orientation
- Must be a U.S citizen or authorized to work in the U.S on a permanent basis
Matthews International Capital Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, political activity or affiliation, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition as defined under applicable law, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or ordinances.
Matthews Asia participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.