Director, TMT Strategy
Requisition #: 51790
Practice Area: Advisory
Location: San Francisco, CA
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director to join our practice.
- Serve as a key advisor, identify and direct enterprise-wide strategy projects and oversee execution of related deliverables in the Technology, Media and Telecommunications industry
- Help lead business development initiatives focused on Strategy including targeting key C- level individuals, proposing KPMG's services and closing opportunities
- Lead cross-functional teams in developing and implementing strategic roadmaps, manage key engagement interviews/research, and facilitate workshops
- Act as the primary team interface with various levels of client executives up to and including C-Level
- Manage the presentation of final project deliverables and advise persuasively, earning the position of a trusted advisor
- Participate in professional development of KPMG Strategy team members and assist with the recruiting and training of new staff
- A minimum of eight years work experience in a client-facing strategy discipline at a major strategy, boutique strategy or Big 4 consulting firm in the Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) industry; A deep focus on the Technology industry is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university, preferably in Business Administration, Engineering, or other related field; Master's degree in Business Administration from an accredited college/university is preferred
- Deep industry knowledge/experience in Technology, Media and Telecommunications, including Technology Strategy/Innovation, Software/Internet, Traditional/Digital Media, Entertainment, and Fixed/Mobile/Satellite Telecom.
- Experience in at least one of the following strategy consulting areas: transaction and business due diligence, operational and performance improvement, strategic growth, or other relevant strategy experience
- Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem solving skills and ability to understand how business model decisions impact operating model design/execution across operations, technology, risk governance and organizational design
- Comfort with ambiguity and fluid client situations and travel may be up to 80-100%
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.