Director, Equity Research Analyst - Technology
Description About this role
The Fundamental Equity (FE) division manages a full range of equity strategies that span the risk/return spectrum, along with several targeted opportunities in specific market sectors. More than 40 investment teams-consisting of portfolio managers, research analysts and traders-manage style-specific portfolios built on BlackRock company research in each major equity asset class.
FE is seeking a research analyst with a sector focus on Technology. Responsibilities:
- Conduct equity research on individual companies, industries, products, and technologies
- Meet with management teams and industry experts
- Analysis of public and private companies
- Build and update financial models
- Maintain a modern financial data analytics database and visualization tools
- Communicate with investment professionals throughout the firm
- Extensive equity research experience working within buy side, sell side, venture capital, private equity or investment banking
- 5+ years of experience in the technology sector
- Domain expertise in selected sectors within the technology investments
- Exceptional work ethic
- Exceptional analytical ability
- Strong qualitative skills including analytical reasoning, writing, and reading comprehension (particularly of complex and technical information)
- Ability to synthesize and communicate large amounts of information
- Knowledge of Tableau/PowerBI for data visualization
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.