Director - Software Engineering
Job Description Director - Software Engineering Manager has direct line management of the engineering team. You will lead them in designing, implementing and deploying solutions that span data intake, quality measurement, data transformation pipelines and APIs/ graphic interfaces for consumer apps. In this role, you will :
- Participate in defining the architecture of modern tools and runtime for operating your code such as AWS, Docker, Puppet, and Terraform;
- Develop service using a modern technology stack;
- Transform data warehouses into unified data repository enabling IP discovery and business insight;
- Continuously integrate and ship into the cloud environment ;
- Review work of and provide technical guidance to your team;
- Evaluate new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team and across the organization;
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to drive improvements in our engineering practices;
- Work with HR on attracting, developing and retaining superb engineering talent.
- 3+ years of experience setting and evaluating performance objectives of individual software engineers;
- 2+ years of hands on experience developing solutions in any of the following: Redshift, Aurora/Postgress, SQLServer, MongoDB;
- Experience in cloud computing preferably AWS
- Experience in designing API and documenting through Open API/Swagger
- Demonstrable experience with source control systems.
- Demonstrable understanding of continuous integration, deployment and monitoring
- Strong knowledge or experience in Hadoop stack: HDFS, Spark, NoSQL
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent fields;
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with other functional areas at different levels of an organization.
Moodyâ€™s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moodyâ€™s also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moodyâ€™s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.