Credit Trader, Vice President
Description About this role
BlackRock runs more than $1 trillion globally in fixed income assets across index, active, and alternative strategies. The platform offers fixed income investors one of the industry's broadest arrays of investment choices across model-based and fundamental investment styles.
Global Trading is seeking a Vice President level Credit Trader for investment activities spearheaded from its San Francisco office. The candidate will trade bonds, loans, and derivative credit products and report directly to the San Francisco Head of HY Credit Trading. He or she will work directly with credit PMs and analysts to develop and implement investment views for specific sectors in High Yield. The person will assist in growing the Fixed Income ETF platform (iShares®) through best execution, liquidity provisioning, and idea generation. Successful management of the sectors will involve trading one of the largest credit books in the world and influencing the investment direction of the Systematic Fixed Income, Global Fixed Income, and iShares® Fixed Income platforms. Responsibilities:
• Efficient execution for active, long only, ETF, hedge fund, and index trading strategies for North American and International PM teams
• Actively develop platform infrastructure and analytics to improve trading efficiency and reduce operational risk
• Be aware of general market sentiment and develop independent views that are anticipatory of the market
• Lead discussions and communicate market technicals and sector specific views to portfolio managers
• Generate alpha and relative value ideas that are scalable and relevant to each portfolio team
• Embrace and be a carrier of BlackRock Principles! Qualifications:
• 5+ years of High Yield experience preferred
• Ideally, working knowledge of Aladdin, Bloomberg, MKTX, TWEB, other trading platforms
• Experience in Python, Bloomberg API, and Excel a plus
• Flexible, self-starter, problem-solver, good communicator About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.