Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Sr. Credit Analyst/Underwriter - CRE Location US-CA-San Francisco Job ID 2019-6711 Category Other Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 130 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, high-tech and aviation help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $41 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Credit Analyst; the Credit Analyst will be responsible for portfolio management, underwriting, credit monitoring, and closing for a large portfolio of Commercial Real Estate loans. This position entails assisting the Relationship Manager to manage some of the lending units highest profile relationships with the goal to achieve efficiencies and quality of the process and product, retention and expansion of existing client relationship, growth of total client assets and net growth in relationships.
- Partner with the Relationship Manager as the point of a contact for the client; acting as a liaison to credit supervision, the commercial support staff and other internal business partners.
- Monitor loan repayment activities and financial condition of borrowing clients and take necessary action to collect past due accounts and ongoing repayment ability of all other accounts.
- Responsible for credit risk and quality of the portfolio, and developing problem loan credit solutions, if necessary.
- Manage the renewal process independently by working with existing clients and obtaining approval from credit supervision.
- Assist in the evaluation of requests for commercial real estate loans for all property types.
- Manage transactions from underwriting through to closing.
- Conduct due diligence work customary to commercial real estate loan transactions.
- Review, analyze, and summarize company and property operating and financial statements.
- Create deal specific cash flow and valuation models.
- Analyze borrower and guarantor financial statements and tax returns.
- Interact with borrowers or brokers to obtain necessary information and documentation for evaluation, underwriting, and closing of loans.
- Perform site or property inspections as required.
- Prepare credit memoranda for review and approval by Senior Management and credit supervision.
- Review and analyze third-party reports such as appraisals, environmental reports, seismic reports, and property condition reports.
- Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established EWB credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines.
- May act as a contact manager for non-borrowing accounts and loan clients for matters relating to other banking services.
- Must be comfortable dealing directly with clients independently.
- Assist in the development of junior bankers and credit analysts.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in finance and/or accounting, or combination of education with working knowledge of finance/accounting
- 5+ years of commercial real estate banking experience
- 2+ years of direct portfolio management and underwriting experience
- Strong understanding of credit policy and procedures and is able to accurately risk-rate loans/credits, evaluates both cash-flow and collateral-based loans/credits
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS