Corporate Strategy Associate II
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference every single day.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
As a Corporate Strategy Associate, you will be part of a fast-paced team that is tasked with identifying and building upon the most attractive strategic opportunities for SVB. You will play a vital role in defining and supporting corporate strategic thinking, analyzing market opportunities, participating in ad-hoc strategic projects, supporting the strategic planning process, and will interact regularly with senior management. You will work on high priority strategic initiatives at both board of directors, corporate, and business unit levels. This role will be located in our downtown San Francisco office. Duties will likely involve:
- Working collaboratively across the organization, support cross-functional project teams, and partnering with senior management on a wide range of issues ranging from strategic thinking to operational project management
- Developing financial models, performing market sizing analysis, and driving other strategic data analysis
- Monitoring and providing insightful analysis on market dynamics, macro/microeconomic factors, financials, competitive implications, growth opportunities & threats
- Developing and recommending creative growth innovations, and specific strategies for optimizing existing business and financial performance - including market development, investment prioritization, and other growth strategies
- Driving assigned projects and initiatives, including developing work plans and executing deliverables on time
- Conducting rigorous, data-driven analysis to diagnose the current state and model future outcomes for business performance
- Managing assigned corporate strategy initiatives and participating in strategy communication throughout the organization
2-4 years of experience, (preferably in management consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy)
- Excellent analytic thinking and analysis skills, financial modeling, and data aggregation skills
- Excellent project management skills, including project structuring and managing multiple work streams independently
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting
- Strong critical thinking skills and experience with multiple business models
- Ability to structure ambiguous problems, think creatively, generate and test hypotheses, and provide actionable recommendations
- Ability to identify and draw on analytical tools and techniques to develop new insights for large and complex business strategy projects
Bachelor's degree required