Compliance Manager (AML Officer & Broker Dealer CCO)
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Oct 18
Our growing team is comprised of alumni from Stanford, Carnegie Mellon University, Berkeley and Google with backing from Andreessen Horowitz Crypto, Founders Fund Angel (Pathfinder), Jump Trading Capital and more. We're building a platform to tokenize the $256 trillion worth of real-world assets. Come join our efforts to help democratize financial opportunities and unlock capital through the trusted trade of assets worldwide.
As Compliance Manager (AML Officer & Broker Dealer CCO), you’ll oversee the day-to-day compliance program for TrustToken and act as the BSA/AML Officer for the company, as well as the Chief Compliance Officer for a newly-formed broker-dealer. This will include building out our compliance program by developing AML/KYC protocols, implementing compliance monitoring and risk assessment, performing compliance training, and assessing and resolving any compliance or related risk issues. Your goal is to implement and create streamlined compliance and AML processes to support our fast-paced working environment. You will report to our Chief Regulatory Officer & Head of Legal and will have a unique opportunity to make a big impact by being both hands-on and strategic.
- Oversee and provide tactical and strategic guidance for the TrustToken compliance program, including supervising a small but growing compliance team
- Provide guidance on the following areas and their associated impact on TrustToken’s operations (especially in regards to evolving regulations for AML/KYC within the cryptocurrency and blockchain space): Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC)/Customer Identification Program (CIP), Money Services Business (MSB)/Money Transmitter License (MTL), and Broker-Dealer.
- Knowledge of the operations and requirements of various regulators, such as: the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCen), the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
- Build and maintain a best-in-class AML/KYC/CIP program within the cryptocurrency space.
- Implement and oversee enterprise compliance program.
- Manage ongoing compliance reviews and risk assessments for the company and broker-dealer.
- Create automated and scalable processes for compliance.
- Draft and review compliance policies and procedures.
- Enhance the code of ethics and compliance training program.
- Implement compliance monitoring and testing program.
- Execute industry best practices for monitoring service providers including due diligence & oversight.
- Manage licensing and registrations, including all related reporting and filing obligations.
- Provide guidance to product teams on AML/KYC/CIP & MSB/MTL requirements.
- Ensure proper transaction monitoring for detection of suspicious activity.
- Engage and supervise external compliance consultants or other compliance service providers as needed.
- Minimum of BA or BS degree with strong academic performance; Juris Doctor (JD) preferred, but not required.
- CAMS certification required.
- FINRA broker-dealer licenses preferred, or willingness to obtain quickly
- 5+ years of experience gained with regulatory bodies, regulated financial institutions, banks, e-commerce or FinTech companies, or legal/audit/consulting firms in the fields of compliance, law, regulation, and/or similar.
- Keen interest and understanding of blockchain and the cryptocurrency industry.
- Advanced knowledge of AML/KYC and overall compliance requirements.
- Experience with the implementation and development of compliance programs and risk assessments.
- Ability to design, implement, and maintain compliance policies and procedures.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Interest in FinTech and working in a fast past startup environment.
- Entrepreneurial - you do what it takes to achieve our goals, without having someone telling you what to do or being confined to normal business hours.
- Excellent communication skills and strong decision making and problem-solving ability.
- Commitment to developing an overall and compliance culture to make TrustToken a great place to work.
TrustToken is a platform to create asset-backed tokens that you can easily buy and sell around the world. For example, gold to gold tokens or dollar to dollar tokens.
Our first asset token is TrueUSD, a stablecoin that you can redeem 1-for-1 for U.S. dollars. Within three months of launching, TrueUSD grew to over $40mm in market capitalization. TrueUSD is listed on the world's top cryptocurrency exchanges including Binance, Bittrex, HitBTC, and Upbit.
- We have a strong culture of authenticity, transparency, and learning
- We care about being a master of our craft and we'll push you to be a master of yours
- We run experiments, iterate quickly, and refine our beliefs based on evidence
If you meet these requirements and think you'd be a good fit, we'd love to chat with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.