Client Services Support
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock?s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock?s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of September 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company?s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
The Institutional Client Business is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with sophisticated institutional investors. Within the Pensions team, the role will be responsible for supporting a team of relationship managers in their business development and client service efforts.
Attracting, motivating and retaining top talent has always been a priority for the firm. BlackRock emphasizes entry-level hiring and is committed to building our firm from within. Given our flat organizational structure, analysts have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and benefit from their insight and experience.
The Institutional Client Business serves institutional clients in more than 60 countries, including corporate, public, union and industry pension plans; insurance companies; third-party mutual funds; endowments; foundations; charities; corporations; official institutions; banks; and individuals worldwide. We have teams of professionals with expertise in the many functions that combined make this effort successful and sustainable, including relationship management, marketing, sales, client service, and product development and management.
Professionals within the team work together to deliver a full range of asset management, risk management and advisory services relevant to clients? investment needs. Unified under one global client platform, individual client businesses are accountable for client relationships and distribution of products and services and are supported by a centralized marketing function which ensures consistency globally.
- Support Relationship Managers with all on-going business development, service and communication with investors
- Use BlackRock's proprietary systems to gather security, capital market and economic data to create a range of presentation materials including portfolio reviews, Board presentations and marketing materials.
- Gather critical data to quickly respond orally and in writing to client information requests.
- Interface with portfolio managers, investment product specialists, compliance officers, consultant relations staff, operations and portfolio administration personnel, to organize client meetings and coordinate presentation material content.
- Cultivate strong relationships with a roster of clients, becoming the "go-to" person for account specific information which can include security level (bonds, stocks, derivatives) information, portfolio performance, investment guideline compliance, clarifications and modification, and cash flows.
- Write and publish client meeting summary notes posted to firm wide CRM systems.
- Assist and coordinate the new client?s account opening process, including contracting, internal product approvals, and trade orders/portfolio transitions.
- Develop asset class fluency across BlackRock's product range - including fixed income, equity, hedge funds, real estate, private equity and fund of funds.
- 1-2 years of experience in client services support for senior Business Development team
- BA/BS degree
- Basic industry knowledge and investment acumen.
- Ability to problem solve with a creative thinking and client-focused mindset
- Ability to work independently with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Effective team player; able to work with people of all levels.
- Exceptional client service, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Has, or is willing to obtain, the series 7 and 63 licenses.
- Continuing education in finance, investments, and pension fund issues.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.