Client Portfolio Mgmt
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Nuveen Investments
- 25 Nov 17 2017-11-25
Client Portfolio Mgmt
Founded in 1994, Symphony Asset Management LLC ('Symphony') is a diversified investment manager headquartered in San Francisco, CA with an office in New York, NY. As of June 2017, the firm employed 83 professionals and managed $19.5 billion in assets for global institutional and high net worth investors across an integrated platform of hedge funds, long-only strategies and structured products. Today, the firm provides access to investments in senior bank loans, high yield, convertible bonds, and equities, offering bespoke investment solutions and hedged strategies in separate accounts and commingled funds.
Represents investment team and firm strategies to current institutional clients, prospective clients, consultants and other intermediaries and serves as a resident expert on the firm's investment process (including security selection, portfolio construction and asset allocation) and risk management capabilities. Directly supports U.S. sales and client service effort through the creation of investment content to be used in client and communication
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are generally representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily a comprehensive list.
* Working with Client Service, Business Development and Consultant Relations, communicate portfolio performance, positioning and investment outlook to clients, prospects and consultants, respectively, in meetings or via video/conference calls.
* Work closely with the Investment Team to ensure intimate knowledge on specific holdings, the investment process and trade rational - acting as a proxy for the PM in all sales and client service capacities.
* Regularly attend CPM and investment team meetings to ensure a thorough understanding of current macroeconomic/industry/sector outlooks.
* Must be conversant in discussion performance attribution, portfolio analysis and outlook for credit and equity markets.
* Must have a strong knowledge of 'alternative' investments landscape.
* Must have a strong understanding of issues related to asset allocation and portfolio construction as related to institutional investment pools the investments of which span public and private capital markets.
* Serve as a product specialist supporting both Symphony and Nuveen distribution teams. This includes overseeing RFP responses, creating product materials and acting as a Nuveen Sales/Service-Symphony liaison (along with the Head of Institutional Business Development).
* Represent Symphony and it investment approaches in a variety of forums including conferences, final presentations, client and consultant update meetings, onsite due diligence meetings, etc.
* Working closely with Business Development to in their effort to maximize prospect pipeline and formulate new business strategy through product positioning and product development.
* Maintain an awareness of asset management peers (firms, strategies, performance, etc.)
* Position existing products and/or aid in the development of new strategies desired/needed by the institutional investors.
* Extensive domestic and limited international travel (e.g., Canada) will be required of the candidate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
* 10-15 years of experience as a Portfolio Manager, Investment Strategist or similar position at a consultant/asset manager
* Strong educational background with preference for a MBA degree
Analytical/Reasoning and Communication Skills
* Strong knowledge of portfolio construction and allocation processes
* Knowledge of capital markets
* Knowledge of credit and equity markets and securities
* Understanding of fundamental credit and equity analytical techniques
* Knowledge of risk management
* Strong writing skills
* Professional demeanor
* CFA preferred
* FINRA Series licenses
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.