Business Implementation Manager
Business Implementation Managers ("BIMs") are responsible for planning, execution, and performance management of third-party partnerships across the organization.
BIMs work closely with Corporate Development Partnership Directors in due diligence and structuring of partnerships at a supporting role and lead the effort shortly after the execution of a term sheet. While leading the execution phase, they coordinate the work flow with subject experts across the organization such as Legal, Compliance, and Finance Divisions. BIMs are responsible for developing short- and long-term plans for each cross functional team members and coordinate the workflow with regular updates to Business Unit Managers and Relationship Leads. Upon execution of the partnership plan, they collect KPI reports from Business Units on a regular basis to track and manage success of partnerships across the organization.
- Works closely with the Director of Partnerships to develop an initial integration master plan, integration timeline and launch strategy. The BIM leads the execution of the plan and strategy.
- Manages multiple complex enterprise projects simultaneously drive full life-cycle development and delivery of new products, service capabilities, partnerships and integrations. These initiatives contain complex activities that may span functions, organizations, geographic regions and cultures
- Manages overall coordination of cross-functional teams including subject matter experts from various departments across the organization (e.g., Risk and Compliance, Marketing and Communications, IT, Legal, Marketing, Sales, Training & Communication, Accounting, Finance etc.). Acts as an advocate for all business stakeholders within the lifecycle of integration, ensuring that their needs are understood and addressed in advance of launch
- Identifies and works with partners to address interdependencies throughout the various workstreams of an integration
- Manages communication to Executives and other key stakeholders
- Facilitates team meetings, business working sessions, vendor meetings to drive initiatives and advance business objectives
- Partners with Business Units and Product teams to develop KPIs and to manage post -integration KPI reporting and communication to the broader team, including Executives
Preferred skills include:
- Demonstrated capability to implement partnerships / acquisitions
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn new products, lines of business, processes and client needs
- Strong project and program management skills: business and technical
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to quickly break down large, complex initiatives into logical, manageable work packages, tasks, and sub-tasks for execution
- Effective risk management skills and ability to predict and mitigate risks and issues, as well as anticipating and proactively preparing for changes and impacts to clients and SVB's business
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to quickly build trust and relationships, manage matrixed teams, bridge communication gaps, resolve conflicts, and influence stakeholders at all levels. Ability to stay firm, push back when necessary
- Polished diplomacy, active listening, persuasiveness, and presentation skills to evangelize new products or changes and gain buy-in, consensus, and cooperation in the face of conflicting viewpoints, resistance to change, constraints, etc. Ability to stay calm under pressure of deadlines and personalities
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience including -
- 10+ years' experience in project management, business process engineering, and leadership of matrixed cross-functional teams
Minimum 3 years' experience in financial services, preferably commercial banking