VP, Banker - Venture Services (San Francisco, CA)
San Francisco, CA, USA
The Venture Relations role is a strategic position within the Venture Banking Group of Pacific Western Bank. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships within the venture community, helping to foster and promote the Bank’s relationships with venture funds at a GP and firm level. You will be a key partner helping to deliver the full capabilities of Pacific Western Bank to these firms along with their portfolio clients.
- Manage a set of assigned venture capital client relationships nationally.
- Develop and maintain an active network of investors building brand awareness within the venture and tech community.
- Help to source qualified opportunities for the Venture Banking division of Pacific Western Bank.
- Develop and execute on strategic calling plans that enable the team to deepen their relationships within the assigned firms and venture community.
- Work with customer service and other internal support functions to deliver excellence in service.
- Collaborate with other business lines to facilitate information sharing and expand market share.
- Act as an advocate and help manage internal and external communications between bankers and the assigned firms. Resolve and manage conflicts as necessary.
- Show initiative, high energy and a desire to succeed while demonstrating enthusiasm and passion to inspire employees throughout the organization.
- Develop creative solutions that enable the Bank to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing, Business, Economics or related field).
- 7-10 years business development experience in the startup, technology and venture ecosystems.
- Developed network within the venture community including GPs, LPs, Operating Partners and Founders.
- Track record of sourcing new business opportunities and championing it to closing.
- Strong marketing and business development skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and develop solutions that meet the needs of clients and partners.
- Knowledge of startups and the VC/PE market with a passion of supporting them.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.