Asst Dir - Sr. DevOps Engineer
Job Description Our team is seeking a DevOps Engineer who will help to design and build a new cloud platform for SaaS based products. The role will be involved in all major activities related to architecture, deployment, scripting/automation, security, and operations of the cloud platform on AWS. The platform is based on micro-services (using Akka and Play Framework), Containers (using Docker/Kubernetes) and AWS EMR. Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, build and automate the AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Networking, EMR, RDS, S3, ALB, Cloud Front etc.) using Terraform following AWS Well-Architected Design .
- Design, build and automate AWS AMIs using packer.
- Implement microservice architecture using Docker by writing custom Docker files.
- Administration and integration of Veracode with CI to detect and report vulnerabilities.
- Design and implement reverse proxy and leverage load balancing using HAProxy, Nginx.
- Design and implement master and dynamic slave architecture using Jenkins, Docker.
- Automate CI pipeline using Groovy DSL.
- Deploy and configure Kubernetes clusters (EKS). Including networking configuration, centralized monitoring, logging and auto-scaling.
- Design and build a CI/CD Pipeline to deploy applications using Jenkins and Docker.
- Experience in scripting using Shell script, bash and Ant.
- Design and configure security policies based on IT/InfoSec guidelines. Including IAM, SSO, Security Groups, Data Encryption, etc.
- Experience in administering GitHub, BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence, New Relic, Zabbix, CircleCI, Jenkins, Splunk and other DevOps tools.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or other equivalent filed
- 2+ years of DevOps engineering experience.
- Experience in cloud engineering
- Experience in deploying and managing production environments in Amazon AWS
- Strong knowledge of cloud and network security best practices.
- Strong scripting and automation skills (Shell, Groovy, Python, PowerShell, Terraform, and Cloud Formation, etc.)
- Knowledge of source control management (Git preferred).
- Knowledge of micro-services, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with CI/CD process using Jenkins like tools.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and consultative skills. Work effectively with clients, vendors, peers, and business/IT management.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) including Agile Development Methodology.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to stay current on trends and development within functional area of experience along with the industry.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn, a can do attitude, and motivated to succeed and grow.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and understand complex problems or processes, identify and understand requirements, and develop solutions.
- Must demonstrate accountability, sound decision making, analytical thoroughness, clear and concise communications, and the ability to lead and mentor team members.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.