Associate / Vice President | CorePM Portfolio Manager (Systematic Active Equity) - San Francisco, CA
Description About this role BlackRock - Systematic Active Equity (SAE) Core PM Portfolio Manager - San Francisco
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success.
Based in San Francisco and London, Systematic Active Equity (SAE) invests approximately $150bn using quantitative insights captured in a scalable and repeatable process. SAE is a pioneer and thought leader in the quantitative equity investment industry and has consistently achieved client investment goals across global equity markets for over 30 years. Our clients include corporate pension plans, public pension plans, central banks, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors.
SAE provides a highly collegial environment that emphasizes teaching and learning as a team. Within this setting, SAE Core PM team members are responsible for the array of portfolio implementation and management responsibilities described below across our Developed and Emerging Market portfolios, with an emphasis on adhering to effective, risk-controlled, and consistent processes. Team members also support on-going efforts to improve the SAE portfolio management platform as well as contribute to the research process and commercial projects.
This role has considerable scope for the right individual to have an impact on the success of the team and broader SAE business. The successful candidate will possess outstanding attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills, and have a passion for thinking critically about financial markets. Key Responsibilities:
Preferred Knowledge & Experience:
- Manage portfolio cash flows including subscriptions, redemptions and equitizations
- Manage portfolio FX exposures
- Manage derivative lifecycle events for futures, TRS, FX forwards, and options
- Ensure portfolios remain in compliance with their investment guidelines
- Monitor, submit elections, and ensure proper processing of corporate actions
- Rebalance futures and FX overlay strategies
- Manage end-of-day processes (e.g. PCF publication) and rebalance activity for active ETFs
- Deliver operational excellence and foster a culture of investment risk control and compliance
- Work alongside SAE Business Management and Product Strategy teams to execute key commercial initiatives and on-board new products, mandates and clients
- Partner with BlackRock business partners to drive system enhancements, and investment and trading process improvements
BlackRock is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Our benefits
- Degree in a quantitative field (e.g. engineering, physics, math, finance, or economics)
- 2+ years in a portfolio management-related or trading role, preferably with equities, futures, and FX experience
- Strong knowledge of Aladdin; highly computer literate with programming skills in Python, MATLAB or other languages or tools are desirable
- Knowledge of iShares and ETF portfolio management is a plus
- Strong process awareness and ability to recognize and address operational risk issues
- Interpersonal skills that align with and contribute to a culture of teamwork and learning
- Strong attention to detail, with an ability to remain focused across a wide range of portfolio types, activities and challenging assignments
- A willingness to produce high-quality work, and the ability to lead by example, and practice sound judgement, professionalism, and discretion
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.