Associate, Portfolio Engineering Algo Execution (San Francisco, CA)
Description About this role Portfolio Engineering Algo Execution, ETFs and Index Investments
Corporate Title: Associate / Analyst
Business / Division: ETFs and Index Investments
Location: San Francisco - Primary / Atlanta - Secondary Your team
BlackRock's ETFs and Index Investments team (EII) manages more than $4.3 trillion in global passive equity assets across Global Developed Markets, Emerging Markets, Commodities and REITs. The group offers passive equity investors one of the industry's broadest arrays of investment choices, including ETFs (iShares), commingled funds, mutual funds and separate accounts. Our clients include corporate pension plans, public pension plans, central banks, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors.
The Investment Process and Platform team within EII has embarked on a mission to build scale and efficiency in EII's investment process with algorithmic automation! By extension, as we automate critical business functions and investment decisions across our book, we must have a robust framework for ensuring algorithmic outcomes are monitored for quality and enable scale to our business. A successful team dedicated to this effort will be comprised of people that are passionate about the intersection of technology and finance, motivated by the opportunity to be hands-on with emerging technologies, and interested in developing a deeper understanding of investing and the value EII delivers to our clients through our investment products. Your role and impact
As part of our team, you will be a trail-blazer, helping to define and implement a robust Algo oversight function. You will be responsible for ensuring that our automated investment Algos are seamlessly integrated with our overall investment process and minimize operational risk. Harnessing your passion for innovation, you will become a specialist in the role that automation can play within a traditional investment process. Your responsibilities
- Proactively monitor Algorithmic investment processes for success and quality outcomes
- Provide 1st line technical support/root-cause investigation for Algo errors
- Assist with defining ideal tools for Algo monitoring and partner with the Aladdin Product Group (APG) to get them implemented, as well as write and maintain bespoke scripts that interface with Algo infrastructure, as needed
- Work with our team and supporting APG teams to coordinate changes made to EII Algos, as well as changes made by APG to Algo Platform components
- Build and monitor algo usage metrics, accounting for frequency and quality of algo outcomes
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a quantitative field
- Demonstrated ability in technical root-cause diagnosis and remediation of incidents in support of large organizations
- Basic SQL knowledge and some scripting experience; Python experience a plus
- Passion for technology within a finance context
- Good analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to perform diverse and complex tasks with accuracy and attention to detail
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.