Associate, Institutional ETF Consulting
Description About this role Role and responsibilities
The EII Institutional Product Consulting team is responsible for delivering investment and product analyses for intermediary clients, serving as technical experts on BlackRock's ETF product range. Through detailed and bespoke ETF and portfolio analytics, the team drives education and understanding around ETF utilization, index construction, product structure, competitive positioning, and delivers key product insights to clients, distribution teams and other partners.
The team is a key resource to assist in converting new ETF business and/or deepening existing relationships collaboratively across institutional distribution channels. In leveraging investment expertise, product knowledge, technology, and investment systems, the Institutional Product Consultant is an important partner with the sales teams across US and non-US regions. The Institutional Product Consultant also helps to influence the future growth of the business and the overall ETF industry.
Key responsibilities for the Associate role will include:
- Support ETF and index investment due diligence on behalf of global institutions
- Respond to client requests by crafting robust, customized analyses and articulating relevant insights
- Responsible for driving investor engagement through, returns based style analysis, risk and return attribution, competitor analysis and ETF case studies
- Present in weekly channel meetings to highlight product insights and market related events that impact BlackRock's ETF platform
- Participate in client meetings and conference calls in preparation for and during readouts of client-driven analyses together with institutional sales partners
- Proactively disseminate investment, index and product knowledge throughout key internal channels such as the sales and marketing organizations
- Partner with the sales and product organizations to explore new ETF exposures and ETF applications for investors. Additionally, bring client feedback to product research groups for new ETF solutions
- Contribute to an increasing use of technology to expand and improve ETF distribution and analytics
- Continually expand and deepen investment, industry and ETF product knowledge; stay abreast of the current market environment, ETF trends and landscape, and relevant investment research
Required skills and qualifications:
- BA/BS degree required.
- CFA, CAIA, FRM, MBA or progress towards, preferred
- 5+ years of direct industry experience, including strong investment management knowledge
- ETF product familiarity preferred
- Excellent analytical skills with large data sets, including hands-on experience with tools such as: Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg, FactSet or similar systems required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written along with significant client facing (investment consulting or sales) experience
- High level of self-motivation, with strong integrity, ethics, and ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize and collaborate vertically / horizontally and across functionally / geographically disperse teams in a fast-paced environment
This position will be based in San Francisco. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.