Associate, Fixed Income Portfolio Management (San Francisco, CA)
Description About this role
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success.
BlackRock's business is investing on behalf of our clients, from large institutions to parents and grandparents, doctors and teachers who entrust their savings to us. We are committed to our clients-period. Our promise is to offer them the clearest thinking about what to do with their money and the products and services they need to secure a better financial future.
That's why investors of all kinds have made us the world's largest asset manager, entrusting us with trillions of dollars, and its why companies, institutions and global governments come to us for help meeting their biggest financial challenges. Business Overview
BlackRock's Systematic and Indexed Fixed Income Groups (SFI & IFI) manages trillions in global fixed income assets across index, ETFs, active long-only, alternative, and liability driven strategies. The platform offers fixed income investors one of the industry's broadest array of investment choices across index, model-based and fundamental investment styles. Position Overview
BlackRock is seeking an associate to join our Core Portfolio Management team, where they will be responsible for a wide array of portfolio management activities. These range across portfolio design, construction, and implementation; contributing to investment research and commercial efforts; and driving technology and process enhancements across the Portfolio Management platform to deliver investment performance, consistency and scale. Portfolio Managers are expected to contribute to and influence investment decision making, and exercise critical judgement across asset and sector allocation, instrument selection, implementation methods, and trading decisions. Responsibilities
The successful candidate should possess strong analytical and quantitative skills, as well as a proven ability to work in collaboration with a wide range of partner teams and stakeholders. They must also possess outstanding attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills, and have a passion for thinking critically about financial markets both across and within asset classes.
- Manage portfolios comprised of physical and synthetic fixed income, equity, FX and commodity exposures
- Perform fund management tasks including implementing multiple investment strategies, handling client flows, rebalancing, and monitoring positioning, performance and risk
- Ensure all mandates conform to performance expectations, investment guidelines, risk parameters, and regulatory requirements
- Utilize technology and analytical tools to improve processes and create scale
- Communicate with analytics, risk, data and other platform teams to drive process improvements and contribute to overall systems, investment and trading process enhancements
- Participate in research related to multi-asset portfolio construction, asset allocation, security selection, and other investment topics
- Develop and implement best practices in portfolio management across multiple investment processes and products
- Degree in a Finance, Economics and other quantitative fields or equivalent demonstrated professional experience
- At least two years of experience in portfolio management or related role desired (e.g. risk management, analytics, trading), with accompanying knowledge in relevant subject areas such as markets, instruments, portfolio construction, exposure and risk measures, or attribution
- Understanding of quantitative investment research and optimization techniques preferred for select roles
- Knowledge or experience in a range of instruments and markets such as ETFs and other fund vehicles, derivatives, FX, rates, equities or credit markets (options, IRS, CDS, etc. a plus)
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to remain focused across a wide range of portfolio types and activities
- Flexible, responsive and self-starting personality. Demonstrated experience working both independently and as part of a team in a highly collaborative, global environment
- Strong process awareness and sense of accountability and ownership in recognizing and addressing risks in the business
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to deliver presentations internally/externally and coordinate across a variety of functions around the firm
- Technical skills such as Python, Matlab, Tableau and SQL are highly valued
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.