Associate, Core Portfolio Management (Emerging Markets) - San Francisco, CA
Description About this role
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success.
BlackRock's Global Fixed Income (GFI) group manages more than $1.9 trillion in global fixed income assets across index, ETFs, active long-only, alternative, and liability driven strategies. The platform offers fixed income investors one of the industry's broadest array of investment choices across index, model-based and fundamental investment styles.
BlackRock's Fixed Income SF-based CorePM group is hiring an Emerging Markets Portfolio Manager, who will be focused on quantitative aspects for Systematic and Index funds. The successful candidate will also help drive the development and implementation of new tools, technology and reporting for improving PM process automation and efficiency. Additionally, the successful hire will form close relationships with other Fixed Income portfolio managers, product strategists and other stakeholder groups across BlackRock, including ETF & Institutional Index (EII), Corporate Actions (COAC), Global Capital Markets (GCM), Portfolio Analytics (PAG) and Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA).
- Support the construction and management of Emerging Markets portfolios with daily flows including order raising, guideline constraints, corporate actions, compliance resolution, cash management and hedging.
- Ensure portfolio consistency across the platform by reviewing various common factors and security-specific positioning in relation to reference accounts and guideline constraints.
- Monitor operating risk and ensure adherence to regulatory compliance.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly performance attribution, commentary and ad-hoc analysis for both internal and external use.
- Improve and streamline portfolio management processes within the Emerging Markets team and across the Core PM platform.
- Collaborate with Product groups in the development and launch of new funds
- Ownership of strategic projects and ad hoc analysis related to our GFI Systematic platform.
- BA/BS required; progress towards CFA a plus
- Knowledge of financial markets, with some familiarity in fixed income products an investing, experience with ETFs or Indexing a plus
- Ability to interpret macroeconomic and idiosyncratic data and its effect on credit markets and issuers.
- Ability to grasp quantitative concepts and its application to portfolio management
- Demonstrated ability implementing technology solutions related to portfolio management, trading and data analytics. Python/SQL capabilities preferred.
- Experience with Aladdin tools and applications; knowledge of Aladdin data sources a plus
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills with a sharp attention to detail
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.